function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Judy HollahanJudy Hollahan 

Change Login Email for Salesforce

How do I change the email address to log into Salesforce? 
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi,

It is the UserName and you can't change it Judy.

If it DE account then create new account with new email id as user name.

Regards,
Mahesh
Naval Sharma4Naval Sharma4
Hi Jody,

We use UserName in salesforce to login and salesforce doesn't allows to change username once it's created.
If you want to change email address for your user then you can do that.

Setup -> Manage Users -> Users and click on edit link in front of your user name and in the next screen you can provide your new email address.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Thanks,
Naval
Hi Naval, Thank you the response. Sorry, I should have been more specific. I want to change my login credentials on Trailhead. I initially used my company email, but am finishing up work with this company this coming Friday, and I wanted to change the login email for Trailhead. I do not want to lose all the work I've done thus far. Regards, Judy.
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Judy,

You can't change the Trailed Account. I would recommend to create a new DE account and start working with it.

Regards,
Mahesh
Sandeep WaliaSandeep Walia

Hi Judy ,

Like Mahesh said Trailhead accoun trailhead login credentials can't be changed but if you are using a new username you have to check challenges with the current username and if you are doing this in new org  you can use salesforce migration tool to trasfer all classes and objects you made to earn points and after migrating these to new one you just have to check for points in every module and you will earn all the points same as old one in this org,this is beneficial to you if you know migration otherwise rebuild all the components or just copy paste.

Hope this helps :)

JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Judy,

If you want to change the email id or user name in your DE account.Please follow the below steps.
1) Go to Setup | Administer | Manage Users | Users
2) Click "Edit" for your username.
3) Change their email address to the new address, and click Save.

When you change the Email, a confirmation mail is sent to the new email address. Unless you confirm the change of email address via the link in the mail, the change won't be reflected.

Hope this helps you!
Best Regards,
Jyothsna
Hi Jyothsna, Thank you so much for the help. I was thinking that Trailhead had to change the credentials. Problem solved. Thanks again. Regards, Judy.
Somnath Paul 3Somnath Paul 3
Hi Judy,
How did you solve the problem.Could you please guide as I am also facing the same problem.

Regards
Somnath
Arundhuti SinghaArundhuti Singha
Thanks a lot Judy..:) 
Sara MoixSara Moix
Hello Everyone, did the steps outlined by Jyosthna actually work. I followed the same steps and unfortunately I cannot see any of my badges. Thanks!