function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris BeneschChris Benesch 

Setting up Lightning Connect Challenge issue

Trying to complete the Challenge in the Setting up Lightning Connect module and am getting the following error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.ExternalObjectException: data.api.DataSourceException: This data is no longer available. The "phone_plan" table in the external data source is currently unavailable. Try again later or contact your administrator for help

Not sure what the deal is.  Please advise.
JyothsnaJyothsna (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Chris,

Please check if you have namespace setup in your org as this might be causing the issue.After you had enabled Lightning, it was mandatory to provide the namespace to the org. Due to the namespace, the API names will be differently appended with namespace and hence it is not verifying your results.Try in other dev org and you will be able to gain points.

Please refer the below developer forum link related to the similar issue. Let me know if it solves your issue.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=906F0000000D6WIIA0

Best Regards,
Jyothsna

Chris BeneschChris Benesch
Jyothsna-thank you for the response.  So you are saying the only way to complete this is to create another dev org?  You refered a developer forum link, but do not see it in your response.  Please clarify, this is not making sense to me.  Thank you! 
Ernesto Hernandez 11Ernesto Hernandez 11
Hi Chris! Could you do the example with Orders? Im getting an error when I try to see the Order details:

"The external system responded with an HTTP error "400 Bad Request". The system tried to reach this URL: https://orderdb.herokuapp.com/orders.svc/Orders?$top=2&$filter=orderID+eq+/x&$select=customerID,orderDate,orderID,shippedDate"

I know the issue comes from putting the '/x' in the filter query request instead of putting a number. I changed it and worked in the browser, but in my dev ORG I can't do that.

I will wait for your comments, Thanks in advance!
JP2016JP2016
Open the edit external object page.  Under the External Connection Detail ensure that you have "Phone_Plans" in the Table Name field.