function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FilikinFilikin 

How to mass turn off Salesforce1 user checkbox

Hi,
I need to turn off the "Salesforce1 User" checkbox on all my portal user records (because it causes problems with iPads).
I tried both building a user report and examining the user record schema, but I cannot find the name of this field.
Has anyone any idea how I can turn off this flag for 700 users without going into each one individual?
thanks.
Best Answer chosen by Filikin
Pankaj_GanwaniPankaj_Ganwani
Hi,

Just perform update from dataloader for the portal users by setting UserPreferencesHideS1BrowserUI field value to true or you can also do this from developer console as well.

All Answers

Hi,

Just perform update from dataloader for the portal users by setting UserPreferencesHideS1BrowserUI field value to true or you can also do this from developer console as well.
This was selected as the best answer
FilikinFilikin
Thanks Pankaj, That worked perfectly
You are welcome. Alright, Please mark this answer as best one so that other users can also refer it if they have similar kind of issues.
Nic StollNic Stoll
Can this method be used to turn ON Salesforce1 User checkbox on the user record type? If so, is there more documentation on how to "setting UserPreferencesHideS1BrowserUI field value to true"User-added image
FilikinFilikin
Hi Nic, here is the code I used to turn it off:
list <user> us = [select ID, UserPreferencesHideS1BrowserUI from User where profile.name='Towards Healing Website' and UserPreferencesHideS1BrowserUI=false]; 
for (user usr : us) 

usr.UserPreferencesHideS1BrowserUI = true; 

update us;
so inverting the value for UserPreferencesHideS1BrowserUI in the query and the loop should do the trick