function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BMC GroupBMC Group 

Force.com integration with an external android app

Hi Everyone,

We have to integrate our salesforce CRM with an external android app (Application which is developed by third party). This app is meant to send the notifications to our clients for the overall business process starting from lead generation from the app till the Operations(Custom Object) end on different business logic.

All the communication between the app and CRM will be mostly one way i.e. notify(App Notifications) app for certain status update in the CRM.

We are into a certain scenario where the process will go like this:

1) Lead will be generated from Android Application.
2) From Android Application the Lead information is to be sent to our Salesforce CRM in JSON format by using POST method which will be parsed and then stored into our database and then further process goes on.

So in this case, they(Android application developers) want the entry point of our salesforce server URL where the JSON formatted data packet can be recieved.

I am unaware of the entry point server URL i.e. Which is the entry point server URL in Salesforce CRM for such business process.

I kindly request you all to assist me with the above mentioned scenario. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Awaiting for your response.

Regards,
BMC Group 
Sandeep Kumar Gaddam 4Sandeep Kumar Gaddam 4
Hello ,

for this they would need ot call a salesforce rest api url see the link below to understand how its done.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_rest_code_sample_basic.htm

Thanks