function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Margaret BowserMargaret Bowser 

I do not want certain profiles to see the Setup option

I want to prevent a user under the profile of Standard Platform User from seeing any Setup options.  This user does not have any permission sets assigned to them.  How do I make the Setup options from appearing?  Thanks for the assistance
Best Answer chosen by Margaret Bowser
Nagendra ChinchinadaNagendra Chinchinada
Disable this setting under profile.
In the enhanced profile user interface, these permissions are listed in the App Permissions or System Permissions pages.
In the original profile user interface, user permissions are listed under Administrative Permissions and General User Permissions.

View Setup and Configuration - Allows the user to view the App Setup menu and Administrative Settings pages.

All Answers

Nagendra ChinchinadaNagendra Chinchinada
Disable this setting under profile.
In the enhanced profile user interface, these permissions are listed in the App Permissions or System Permissions pages.
In the original profile user interface, user permissions are listed under Administrative Permissions and General User Permissions.

View Setup and Configuration - Allows the user to view the App Setup menu and Administrative Settings pages.
This was selected as the best answer
Margaret BowserMargaret Bowser
Thank you very, very much for your quick answer. It took me a while to realize that Standard Profiles could not be modified and that I would have to clone the profile to be able to change it. I am really just trying to learn Salesforce. You answer helped. Thanks.