function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lizzie1379Lizzie1379 

How to create a sandbox for the trailhead activities

Hi,

I've been trying to create a sandbox for many days now but have been unsuccessful. I hope you can help me with this. If you can please provide me the steps that i have to do. I just want to try downloading some free apps from the AppExchange but i'm unable to do so because i can't setup my sandbox properly. I really appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you so much!

Newbie,
Lizzie
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
For sandbox you can craete a trail Account from below link (30 days only)
1) https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/freetrial-platform.jsp

But I will recomend you to create one new Developer org for TrailHead activity.
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/signup?d=70130000000td6N

Let me know if this will help you
Lizzie1379Lizzie1379
Thank you Mahesh and Amit. I appreciate your help. I will work on this probably this weekend. Sorry i'm only doing this on the side, working on a different CRM system but i'm very eager to learn more about Salesforce. I'll update you guys on how it goes.
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
When Ever any one asking me how learn salesforce . First thing which come in mind is TrailHead. Really Trailhead is the one of the best option to learn salesforce with lots of example and exercise
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead

Thanks you Salesforce for providing the Trailhead for new learner .Happy learning,

Please check below post to dowload salesforce related book.
1) http://amitsalesforce.blogspot.in/search/label/Book

Let us know if this will help you
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Lizzie,

I would like to share you some more useful information here:

A sandbox is a very important tool in Salesforce for testing and development without affecting your live instance. I am not sure what types of Sandboxes you have but it's good to have more than one if you are working on different projects that you do not want to affect eachother or if you have multiple projects that need to be worked on it all depends on your needs. Testing over all is very important. 

The sandbox types are:

Developer Sandbox

Developer sandboxes are special configuration sandboxes intended for coding and testing by a single developer. Multiple users can log into a single Developer sandbox, but their primary purpose is to provide an environment in which changes under active development can be isolated until they’re ready to be shared. Just like Developer Pro sandboxes, Developer sandboxes copy all application and configuration information to the sandbox. Developer sandboxes are limited to 200 MB of test or sample data, which is enough for many development and testing tasks. You can refresh a Developer sandbox once per day.

Developer Pro Sandbox

Developer Pro sandboxes copy all of your production organization's reports, dashboards, price books, products, apps, and customizations under Setup, but exclude all of your organization's standard and custom object records, documents, and attachments. Creating a Developer Pro sandbox can decrease the time it takes to create or refresh a sandbox from several hours to just a few minutes, but it can only include up to 1 GB of data. You can refresh a Developer Pro sandbox once per day.

Partial Data Sandbox

Partial Data sandboxes include all of your organization’s metadata and add a selected amount of your production organization's data that you define using a sandbox template. A Partial Data sandbox is a Developer sandbox plus the data you define in a sandbox template. It includes the reports, dashboards, price books, products, apps, and customizations under Setup (including all of your metadata). Additionally, as defined by your sandbox template, Partial Data sandboxes can include your organization's standard and custom object records, documents, and attachments up to 5 GB of data and a maximum of 10,000 records per selected object. A Partial Data sandbox is smaller than a Full sandbox and has a shorter refresh interval. You can refresh a Partial Data sandbox every 5 days.

Full Sandbox

Full sandboxes copy your entire production organization and all its data, including standard and custom object records, documents, and attachments. You can refresh a Full sandbox every 29 days.
Sandbox templates allow you to pick specific objects and data to copy to your sandbox, so you can control the size and content of each sandbox. Sandbox templates are only available for Partial Data or Full sandboxes.

This link is an over view of the different Sandbox types and their purpose 

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=create_test_instance.htm

Please do let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Mahesh
Lizzie1379Lizzie1379
Thank you Mahesh and Amit. I haven't really gone through this yet - i've been busy with my day job. I only do this during weekends and after work. I'll definitely get back to you after i've gone through your suggestions.