function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rich WingerterRich Wingerter 

How do you see the API name for a profile?

In the "Controlling Access to Fields" challenge it says:

The profile must be named 'Basic Account User' and result in an API name of 'Basic_Account_User'.

No problem with the first part, but it doesn't give me an option to enter an API name, or even see it. I've tried it with both the enhanced profile interface and without it.

When I cloned the profile, it should have filled the spaces with underscores. So, I don't expect it to fail. I'd just like to check that it's correct. I looked at the documentation for the clone page and did a general search in the documentation. Nothing.

Help appreciated.
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Rich,

The name which you have given is correct only.

What is the error it is showing when you click on the Challenge.

Regards,
Mahesh
DeepthiDeepthi (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rich,

You needn't create any API name for the profile that was stated in the trailhead challenge. Once you have created a profile with name "Basic Account User" then the API name is automatically created with "Basic_Account_User".

Hope this makes sense!
Best Regards,
Deepthi
Rich WingerterRich Wingerter
Thanks Mahesh and Deepthi.

Mahesh, I haven't tried to check the Challenge because I couldn't be sure the API name it created was correct. It says, "The profile must be named 'Basic Account User' and result in an API name of 'Basic_Account_User'." This implies that it could result in something else, although I don't see how.

Deepthi, this is what I thought, too. But since they specifically stated, "The profile must ...result in an API name of 'Basic_Account_User'" it seemed like it could do something else. At a minimum, this is very confusion. I'm going to go ahead with the rest of it and see what happens. I just thought there would be some way to check the API name. But, so far, I haven't found one. 
Stan LiebermanStan Lieberman
I have the same question. How do you see the API name of the profile?
Stan LiebermanStan Lieberman
Okay, I wasn't able to verify the API name visibly, but when I "checked challenge" it said I completed it so I took in on faith that the API name is correct.
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Rich,

There will not be any API Name available for Profile which we can able to see from UI or Work bench.

I would recommend to proceed and check the challenge and let us know the status. At this time you can ignore it and proceed with the next steps.

Please do let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Mahesh