function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh..Rajesh.. 

how to move fields custom object to opportunity?

Hi I have 2 objects; one custom second one is opportunity. First I created a custom object like as opportunity. But I want move fields (custom object) from to standard opportunity. In opportunity also some custom fields added. Is there any way to move fields please help me?

Best Answer chosen by Rajesh..
Tavva Sai KrishnaTavva Sai Krishna
Hi Rajeh,

You can create the fields by copying the metadata of the fields from the custom object and paste it in to the opportunity object . To do that you have to connect your org to eclispe/Ant tool and access the metadata of the custom object where you will see the fields which are created in xml tags. copy the entire fields tags and paste it in the opportunity object metadata and save the work.

Regards,
Sai Krishna Tavva.

All Answers

Hi Rajeh,

You can create the fields by copying the metadata of the fields from the custom object and paste it in to the opportunity object . To do that you have to connect your org to eclispe/Ant tool and access the metadata of the custom object where you will see the fields which are created in xml tags. copy the entire fields tags and paste it in the opportunity object metadata and save the work.

Regards,
Sai Krishna Tavva.
This was selected as the best answer
Rajesh..Rajesh..
@sai thanks sai in this scinario any data loss happen?

Hi Rajesh,

No.You dont loss any data .You are working on the metadata level not with the record data, if you set the default value for the fields those values will appear else null value is appear.

Resources:

I hope this url might help you with the procedure and more information on it.
http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2008/07/15/migrating-salesforcecom-configurations-with-the-metadata-api-forcecom-migration-tool/.

Please mark this answer as best answer , as it will helpful to others who are having same problem. Also you can  ask any queries, if you have .

Regards,
Sai Krishna Tavva.