function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
soma s 6soma s 6 

Dataloader

Hi
I like to use commandline in dataloader for that i would like to generate password in encrypted bin
i used below command 
C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader> CommandLine DataLoader>encrypt.bat -g YOURSECRETKEY
and i got below error , please advise
2016-03-18 18:15:09,877 INFO  [main] security.EncryptionUtil main (EncryptionUti
l.java:289) - Invalid option format: ûg

thanks
soma

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Please download below cheat sheet. I hope that will help you
1) http://www.developerforce.com/media/Cheatsheet_Setting_Up_Automated_Data_Loader_9_0.pdf
User-added image

To avoid this problem, the Data Loader installation includes the encrypt command in the \bin subdirectory. You can use this command to encrypt your password, either with the default encryption or with an encryption key you supply. You can simply copy the encrypted version of your password to the Bean definition
http://www.jitendrazaa.com/blog/salesforce/tutorial-of-command-line-dataloader-salesforce/

a)       Generate a key : Key text is generated from the text you provide. The secret key should be stored in a “txt” file format in your DataLoader folder containing all files. The key file can then be used for encryption and decryption.
C:\Program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin>Encrypt.bat –g <ANY TEXT>
For Example: C:\Program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin>Encrypt.bat –g Dataloader123

NOTE:- Please check your Data loader path.
C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\Data Loader\bin>encrypt.bat -g YOURSECRETKEY

Say you get key value as: bhj238eq79ew83n

b)       Encrypt Password from generated key : Generate an encrypted version of a password or other text.  Now run Encryption command from command prompt as:
C:\Program files\salesforce.com\data loader\bin>Encrypt.bat –e <salesforce password> “Encrypted key Txt file Path”

I hope above is your path. Please try and let us know if this will help you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary