function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Total LaiTotal Lai 

Can I upload my application to salesforce platform as lightning component?

I'm a beginner to salesforce platform, now I have an application built with java script+java+oracle, it's a web application.
May I know is there any fast way to move my application to salesforce as a lightning component instead of developing it again in the salesforce platform?
e.g. can I upload my application as a jar or war to the salesforce platform and make it available as a lightning component?

After the prelimary study on salesforce data modelling, it uses object to store the data, could I just simply make a jdbc connection to my existing oracle database so that I don't have to define the data model again?

James LoghryJames Loghry
No, you cannot directly upload your code as a jar or a war.  Although, very similar to Java, Apex, the language that Salesforce code is written in, is different and cannot run Java code nor Java libraries.  Similarly, if you want to port it to Apex, you're going to go through a bunch of headaches. This includes implementing any dependent libraries as Apex classes, converting any database structures, etc.  It's not ideal or even feasible.

However, Apex and Salesforce has several ways to integrate with.  You can consume RESTful/Soap services or provide RESTful/Soap services, you can right directly to Salesforce through the partner or enterprise wsdls or REST APIs.  You can host your application (potentially) on Heroku, and then integrate it with Salesforce, etc.

Even with Lightning components and Javascript, you're going to have to refactor a bit to get any Javascript to work as well.

I'd suggest heading on over to http://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead and reading up on the Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component, and Integration modules.  
Total LaiTotal Lai
Hi James,
Many thanks for your reply.
Would you please tell me more about restful/soap service and lightning components?
1. For the restful/soap services,  should I create restful/soap service in my application, and then it can be called from salesforce? If so, my application is still in my servers, it's not actually 'moved' to salesforce.

2. About the lightning components, would you give me some tips that how can I make my application as a lightning component in salesforce?

3. About the front-end/UI design, should I use Visualforce to create it in salesforce? Any fast way that I can move my existing UI(built with javascript,DOJO) to salesforce?