function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amit Kumar Singh 19Amit Kumar Singh 19 

Training Module - Site Tracking tool

Dear All,

I have a Web delivery version of the course which I would like to test in Salesforce.
There will be no tracking of the module possible unless Salesforce has some site tracking tools available. 

Can anyone help me how can I do this in Salesforce Customer community?

Please note that Knowledge base is enabled in organizaion, also Artilces.

Thanks,
Amit Singh
Nirmala  KuchiNirmala Kuchi
Hi Amit,

I'm not sure about Salesforce tracking tools. But, I have used Google Analytics to track the Site visits, views, no.of viewers etc..

Have a look at this link for Google Analytics implementation: https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=sites_analytics_tracking_code.htm

Thanks,
Nirmala

Thanks Nirmala,

But I wanted to host a training module in SFDC (e-learing kind of training course) and later community user can complete the training course assigned to him.

Is this possible in SFDC?

Thanks

Yes, It is possible.

Just provide the URL you want to track in Google Analytics src.

Thanks,
Nirmala
Can you share any example.

Thanks,
Amit Singh
- Sign up to Google Analytics account using gmail to get the tracking code and tracking ID, and add tracking code to your visualforce page.
- you can make the changes in tracking code, if you want to track different views of your page.
- Now open, Google Analytics -> Reporting -> Real-Time -> Overview. 

It might take sometime to change the status, but you should able to see the realtime results almost immediately or in max 30min.

You may refer this link for more detailed info:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/single-page-applications#overview

Thanks!