function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lizzie1379Lizzie1379 

Adding a picklist value for a standard field - CASE object

Hi,

I'm working on the Trailhead - Create a workflow rule that will update a field. This is the condition:  (Case: StatusNOT EQUAL TOClosed) AND (Case: PriorityEQUALSHigh). It seems to be working for me but i'm trying out different scenarios - i wanted to see if it will not fire if my Case Status is Closed however the Status Field only has 3 picklist values: New, Working and Escalated. How can i add the Closed value to that Standard Field? Thank you so much for your help!

Best Regards,
Liz
Best Answer chosen by Lizzie1379
DebasisDebasis
Hi Lizzie,
you are absolutly correct, as this field is available and this status indicates that case is closed so when you are creating or editing the case you cannot get Closed as a picklist value. from detail page of case if you will click on close case button then you can get this picklist vaue.

or,
go to the staus field and see all the picklist values, Click on edit link of Closed value, and uncheck the flag Closed.then this closed picklist value will be available during case insert and update.
User-added imageUser-added image

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Debasis

All Answers

DebasisDebasis
Hi Lizzie,

There should be Closed as a value in the status picklist of case. You can add it also if its not there.

Go to setup-->customize-->cases--->Fields

from the list of fields, see Status filed in "case standard Field" section. click on status field(dont click on edit).
 you will get all the picklist value for the status field and there click on new button and add the value what you want.

User-added image
Thanks,
Debasis
Lizzie1379Lizzie1379
Hi Debasis,

Thank you for your response. I actually went to the same area however i'm unable to add the value 'Closed' since it's already an available picklist value. I see the 'Closed' flag checked for the 'Closed' Value - is that the reason why it's not showing up in the dropdown values? I'm not sure how to make it available. Can you please help? Thanks! I appreciate the quick response.
DebasisDebasis
Hi Lizzie,
you are absolutly correct, as this field is available and this status indicates that case is closed so when you are creating or editing the case you cannot get Closed as a picklist value. from detail page of case if you will click on close case button then you can get this picklist vaue.

or,
go to the staus field and see all the picklist values, Click on edit link of Closed value, and uncheck the flag Closed.then this closed picklist value will be available during case insert and update.
User-added imageUser-added image

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Debasis
This was selected as the best answer
Lizzie1379Lizzie1379
Hi Debasis,

Thanks for the info. I initially tried unchecking the Closed flag for the 'Closed' Value but i got an error. Looks like there has to be one picklist value that should have the Closed Flag = Y. So, as per your screenshot. I set the Escalated to have the Closed Flag = Y then i edited the Closed Flag for the Closed value to N. Now, i'm able to see the Closed value now as a picklist. I'm just finding it weird why there's a need for one picklist Value to have the Closed Flag = Y...
DebasisDebasis
When customer creating a case it need to be closed in future and this will be tracked by using status picklist. There may have multiple value can be treat as a case closure. So at least one of the status need to indicate as a case closure. Based on this picklist value there is another standard field isClosed will set to true to indicate case is closed now.

Lizzie1379Lizzie1379
Ok, thank you so much for your help!