function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chinnu 5chinnu 5 

Hi, i m trying to create attendance tracking for school children can any one sujjest me for the data modeling ,and how to track 200+ students everday attendance thanks

Hi, i m trying to create attendance tracking for school children can any one advise  me for the data modeling ,and how to track 200+ students everday attendance thanks 
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Chinnu,

Let me knwo if you got the solution or I can help you out

You can create the students as contacts and account as classes or sections...

SO it will be like Acccount ----> Section 1 or class 1st then section 2 or class 2
and related students...

Then you can create a custom object which will be related to contacts as child named as Attendence and on this object you can create one date field which will show the date and one check box which will show if present or not...

so Attendance will be child of conatct and then you can create one VF page which you will be openning daily while taking teh attendance and then in that VF page you can select the Account which is section or class first as a filter..

After that all students or conatct related to that sction will appear in a list with todays date as present and then check box will be there.

you can simply chek the check box if studnet is presnet and save those records....

Vf page will create those attendance records ...

so for daily a record per student will be there....you can track many things on these record for student on daily basis and using report you can see all of these.

This is the simplest way...but if you dont want this also then another many options are there to achieve this need..

Please chcek adn let me know if it helps and mark this as best answer so others can also taek help if they haev same need.

Thanks,
Sandeep
chinnu 5chinnu 5
Thanks Sandeep

But hear my chalange is first i need to select Class (1st Class, 2nd Class, 3rdClass) and Sections(A,B,C,D,E) are Picklist fields.
when i select Firsrst Section----->Class----->
i need to get select both values then only records will be displayed as section wise records like Section A,Section B,Section C and one more big chalange is how to store that attendance values in student record because everday i need to create one record per one student but i m looking for 30days Attendance in one record is it possible ? because students are 200+, and one more -I want display Roll Number also Section Wise 

Kindly send me any example if you have plz

chinnu 5chinnu 5
User-added image
Bhoomika Bhataria 28Bhoomika Bhataria 28
Hi Chinnu,

For your requirement adding onto the data model suggested by @sandeep
You can create relevant fields like Roll number, Class, Section, Attendance, etc
Then create a custom object call it (Attendance Records), create fields like
  • lookup to your contact
  • month
  • day1
  • day2
  • upto day 31
Now enter field visibility criteria such as to display only the field related to today's date.. like for today only day22 should be visible on the layout..
For every month only one record is created per student.. Also section wise split would be available at contacts level..

Chris Martin 47Chris Martin 47

There is one formula in Excel which you can try. It is COUNTIF function:=COUNTIF(range,"x") where =COUNTIF(C5:L5,"x")This equation just uses COUNTIF with a criteria of "x" (not quotes) to include x's each line, where "x" speaks to "exhibit" and an unfilled cell speaks to "missing":=COUNTIF(C5:L5,"x") / count presentThe check absent days, the worksheet utilizes COUNTIF once more, designed to tally void cells:=COUNTIF(C5:L5,"") /count absent students.

Hope this will be helpful.

https://essaydune.com/write-my-paper/ expert.

School ERP SoftwareSchool ERP Software
The best comprehensive school Management Software provide by e-school ERP has 30+ modules, easy to use and User-friendly.
johnshn shonnjohnshn shonn
As the main heading here tells us all about 5 higher education marketing trends for 2022, so we hope that the link https://bestonlinewritingservice.com/linkedin-profile-writing-services/ will be great enough for you and you can learn about many things through this single site as well. Just keep reading this and you will learn.