function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dhinesh MuralidharanDhinesh Muralidharan 

Securing Your Users' Identity Challenge

Hi,
    i am currently doing the above mentioned challenge in the salesforce trailhead. I creatd a permission set and assigned it to the user like it was mentioned and even logged in using the two factor authentication method. but still it is showing challenge not complete. Is there any reason to this. I don't know what i am missing. The following is the error message i received

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Could not find a user's successful login using two-factor authentication. Make sure you successfully login at least once and that you are prompted for a second factor of authentication

Any help wpuld be appreciated
Best Answer chosen by Dhinesh Muralidharan
Martijn SchwarzerMartijn Schwarzer
Hi Dhinesh,

Just to make sure: Are you logged into the correct developer edition on Trailhead?

Trailhead links to your developer org that you use to login to Trailhead by default. If you've created your solution in another developer org, you will need to disconnect the current developer org from Trailhead and log into your developer org that you've used to create your solution.

You should also check if the user that you used to login actually has an entry with status "Two-factor required" followed by a login attempt with status "Success" like this:

User-added image

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Martijn Schwärzer

All Answers

Hi Dhinesh,

Just to make sure: Are you logged into the correct developer edition on Trailhead?

Trailhead links to your developer org that you use to login to Trailhead by default. If you've created your solution in another developer org, you will need to disconnect the current developer org from Trailhead and log into your developer org that you've used to create your solution.

You should also check if the user that you used to login actually has an entry with status "Two-factor required" followed by a login attempt with status "Success" like this:

User-added image

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Martijn Schwärzer
This was selected as the best answer
Dhinesh MuralidharanDhinesh Muralidharan
Thank you Martin. It showed as a success when i checked the login history. I tried check challenge after some 6 hours without changing anything . it showed success. I guess Trailhead needed time to verify this or something as when i immediately logged in using the two factor authentication. It couldn't verify it. But it was a good thing u put screencap there for future noobs like me to see n go n check their challenge. 
Sanuj ShuklaSanuj Shukla

It looks like trailheads have become to make people sick and let them struggle for 20 hour in a 20 min challenge.

Specially all the super badge related challneges just made me sick.

Paul Harrington 21Paul Harrington 21
Martin - you wrote: "Trailhead links to your developer org that you use to login to Trailhead by default. If you've created your solution in another developer org, you will need to disconnect the current developer org from Trailhead and log into your developer org that you've used to create your solution."  How do you perform this "disconnect", and how can you then redirect the login to the 2nd org?   
Hi Paul,

In the challenge section, next to the button "Launch developer edition" there is a second button showing a key. If you hover over that button, you will see the logout link. Once you've logged out, the first button will show "Connect to your Developer Edition" so you can log into another developer edition org.

User-added image

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Martijn Schwärzer
Rich AstoneRich Astone
I am having this issue with the new playground. I am launching from the module and loggi g in ok, but it says i have not had a login yet. Maybe because it is automated? If i could just find the password for the playground, maybe I could try a manual login. 
Karin AthanasKarin Athanas

I don't have a 'launch developer edition.'  How am I supposed to do this" 

NOTE: Sign up for a new Developer Edition org for all challenges in this module. Configuration changes made for these challenges may impact other Trailhead modules and projects.

I'm using a trailhead playground, isn't that the right thing?

Anki SaxenaAnki Saxena
I did the activity but showing challenge not yet completed. I checked the credentail both I did with the same dev org. To test the challenge I use the user who is admin itself and unfortunatly now I am not able to login because in my mobile device the account is already created but it was not backed up. so in login page they directly asked me to approve but in my mobile I am not getting any option to connect. Please let me know how to recover the account having admin access. attaching screenshot also. I am not able to recover this account as in mu mobile device that account is not there now.
User-added image
Stephanie Bailey 11Stephanie Bailey 11
Logging in to the new developer org solved it.  Mine didn't have a key, I had to use the dropdown next to launch to find my new org to use in Trailhead.  I also had to sign out and sign back in as the new user I created after I changed my org selection in Trailhead.  Thanks for the help! 
Melanie Sturm 2Melanie Sturm 2
I created a new developer org for this, selected it in the dropdown menu, but when I went to sign onto it, it says to contact my administrator.  I cannot log into the new dev. org I just created for this challenge?!?  Help please.
Sara Ahsain 7Sara Ahsain 7
To solve this trail, you should disconnect and log again after configuring the salesforce authenticator app with your account. This way your account will prompt into the app asking you for permission to connect and that's how the trailhead challenge is checked
Sofia Alvarado de ZamoraSofia Alvarado de Zamora
Hi Everyone,
Unfortunately i have spent aroud 16 hours in 3 days trying to solve this issue regarding the same message error. I have tried everythin possible and still doesn't work. I think that Trailhead should focus on this since it is too difficult to complete this challenge and those 16 hours i struggle in this could have been hours in advancing this course but it didn't :( 
regards!
Sofia
Leandro Camargo 9Leandro Camargo 9
I created a new Playground, set everything as I guess was right and set the new user in my Salesforce Suthenticator app. But something wrong wasn't right.
After few shots and frustrated requests to reset the new user password, I gave a chance to try to do all the steps again but using one of the Playground that I used to have. And it worked out.
Trailhead being Trailhead...

Jack TorresJack Torres
Disconnecting and connecting again is working for me (https://tutubox.me/).