function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David MeatsDavid Meats 

Module : Controlling Access to the Organization : Can not uncheck "Active" box

I am a newbie trying to complete this challenge but cannot uncheck this box when creating a new user.  I have Admin rights but it won't uncheck??

User-added image

he new user must use the System Administrator Profile.
The username for the new user must include 'guestadmin' somewhere in it.
The new user must be inactive.​

Best Answer chosen by David Meats
Naval Sharma4Naval Sharma4
Hi Steve,

You can create  only 2 users with System Administrator profile in developer org. So while creating a user please make sure you have changed user license to Salesforce. Select Profile as System Administrator and provide all required details before saving user. Once you saved the user then click on edit and deactivate this user.

Thanks,
Naval

All Answers

Hi David,

One system admin should be activated in a salesforce organization. Are you sure this new user is created already. You have to create a new user with System Administrator Profile and include guestadmin in user name. Later you can deactivate this user.

Thanks,
Naval
Steve Glass 10Steve Glass 10
I am having the same issue, you cannot create a second user of any kind in a Force.com account, so there is no way to create the second admin User, inactive or otherwise
Hi Steve,

You can create  only 2 users with System Administrator profile in developer org. So while creating a user please make sure you have changed user license to Salesforce. Select Profile as System Administrator and provide all required details before saving user. Once you saved the user then click on edit and deactivate this user.

Thanks,
Naval
This was selected as the best answer
Steve Glass 10Steve Glass 10
I see what you are saying, that worked. Thanks!
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi David Meats,

You can create  only 2 users with System Administrator profile in developer org.

Please follow below step :-
1) Please create one user with guestAdmin
2) After user creation deactivate the user

If you will not able to see Salesforce license then please deactivate the other system admin user and try again above step

Let us know if this will help you

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary

David MeatsDavid Meats
I am still receiving the same problem.  It will not let me deactivate a user. I have tried following the steps and set everything the way you have mentioned.
User-added image

Error message I receive : with no new user added to my list so I don't understand how there could be a unique user already??

Error: Duplicate Username.
The username already exists in this or another Salesforce organization. Usernames must be unique across all Salesforce organizations. To resolve, use a different username (it doesn't need to match the user's email address).

User-added image
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
NOTE:- User name is unique across all Salesforce organizations.

Please some number in last of guestAdmin like below

guestAdmin12313232@test.ca

David MeatsDavid Meats
Thanks Amit,

realized what you were saying and it worked problme solved.