function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sandra Peterson 12Sandra Peterson 12 

Financial Force PSA Child Opportunity Related List

Hello!

I'm trying to create an email template that pulls the related opportunities from a record on the Parent Opportunity record type.The opportunities are linked by a Parent Opportunity field from Financial Force PSA. I'm able to get the email template to work if I use the PSA field as my api reference with __r, but that doesn't get me the related opportunities to the parent record. It gives me the parent record looking from the child opportunity. I've tried using Opportunities__r to no avail. It appears to be looking at another related list called Opportunities. below is a screen shot of the field details. What I really need is the API name for the related list for the Child Opportunities. Any ideas on how I might find this.

User-added image
Atul GuptaAtul Gupta
Sandra, currently Cross Object Merge Fields in Email Template  is not possible in Salesforce

You have to visualforce to get this done, please refer to the following link for further information.
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hP2jAAE
Hi Atul,

What I was actually trying to do was get the opportunity related list from the opportunity. I did figure this out.

Thank you,
Sandra
Atul GuptaAtul Gupta
Sandra, I would love to know what workaround you used :)
Absolutely, first of all - I should mention that the question above should have stated that I was already working on a Visualforce Email template. I was attempting to use a custom field called Parent Opportunity on the opportunity record that is managed by Financial Force. Once the field is populated it links to the Parent Opportunity (which is a separate record type) and creates a related list. The parent and child records are both opportunities. Unfortunately, we are unable to access the related list items because there is something managed by Financial Force that is blocking us. By creating my own Parent Opportunity field, I was able to use it to connect the records under one Parent opportunity. Then in the VF email template I just used Opportunities__r and voila, it populated into the list I was trying to get via the VF template. I used the article "Creating a Visualforce Email Template" https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_email_templates_creating.htm to create my email template.

Thank you so much for responding to my question. Much appreciated!