function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RonS-AMRonS-AM 

SFDC Expiring Certificate Notification

Is there a way for me to find out if we are currently using a self signed certificate with any of our SFDC applications?  I can see that we created one  (or someone created one for us) a couple of years ago.  I received a notification that it will soon be expiring but I'm not aware of us actually using it for anything.
Best Answer chosen by RonS-AM
SobSob
If you are using the certificate in the identity provider or anywhere in the salesforce, then the "Delete" button on that certificate in "Certificate and Key Management" is grayed out. Meaning it won't allow you to delete the certificate. Also, you can check the certificate in Identity provider if it is used in there or not.

All Answers

Matthew CokeMatthew Coke
search for "Certificate and Key Management" in setup. certificates should be listed there
SobSob
If you are using the certificate in the identity provider or anywhere in the salesforce, then the "Delete" button on that certificate in "Certificate and Key Management" is grayed out. Meaning it won't allow you to delete the certificate. Also, you can check the certificate in Identity provider if it is used in there or not.
This was selected as the best answer
Julio ClaretJulio Claret
You can't delete a cert if it's the chosen cert under "Setup > Identify Provider". So, you can go to that screen and switch to the new cert. Then the expiring one can be deleted.  There's no way to know if it's being used other than knowing your own business.  If you're using salesforce to single-sign-on to other systems, or passing a client cert in a mutual SSL outbound call, then you'll have to make arrangements with those other systems and provide the new cert.
Piya Fiedler 1Piya Fiedler 1
Are there any rules in creating a new certificate? It seems like I can just create whatever I want. Thank you!