function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nirmal9114Nirmal9114 

Trigger to copy opportunity related list field when opportunity status is "Launched"

My requirement is to update the related list "FGM_Portal__Grantee_Budget_Line_Item__c " Field value from one field to other Only when when opportunity status is LAUNCHED
Please help me in code. i am missing out something.
This is only the class.

APEX CLASS :

public class UpdateOriginalBudget{
List<Id> oppIdlist = [Select id from opportunity where StageName = 'Launched'];
//opplist = [Select id, Name, StageName from opportunity where StageName = 'Launched'];

List<FGM_Portal__Grantee_Budget_Line_Item__c> GbList = [Select Id,Original_Budget__c,FGM_Portal__Amount__c,FGM_Portal__Opportunity__c from FGM_Portal__Grantee_Budget_Line_Item__c where FGM_Portal__Opportunity__c IN : oppIdlist  ] ;
//GbList = [Select Id,Original_Budget__c,FGM_Portal__Amount__c,FGM_Portal__Opportunity__c from FGM_Portal__Grantee_Budget_Line_Item__c where FGM_Portal__Opportunity__c : oppList[0].Name ] ;

public void UpdateOriginalBudgetMethod(){

if(GbList.size>0)
                 {

for(FGM_Portal__Grantee_Budget_Line_Item__c gb : GbList ){
                  gb.Original_Budget__c= gb.FGM_Portal__Amount__c ;
                  }
                 }                           

}
@Karanraj@Karanraj
You don't have to write apex code for this scenario. You can able to easily achieve using process builder
  • Add the entry criteria for your process builder as Opportunity status equals Launched 
  • In the immediate actions, click Add action and select action type as update record. Then choose the object and fields which you want to update
  • Then activate the process builder  
 For more details about process builder, check this trailhead module - https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/business_process_automation/process_builder
Nirmal9114Nirmal9114
Hi Karanraj

But the field from which i have to copy the value is in the same object.
eg as i have to copy Amount value to Original_budget value which are on same related list object.

I tried using by Process builder. In field to update i am getting opportunity fields on which my Process builder is.