function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David DobreenDavid Dobreen 

Insufficient Privileges while performing partial page update

Hi

I seem to be having a problem with partial page update: I can't view the object's detail ( accessed as {!myObject__c.id} on an outputPanel ).

I get the following message:
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. For more information, see Insufficient Privileges Errors.
which is very strange to me since I am logged in as system administrator, and I can access the object directly. I just can't view it on a panel when trying to rerender via commandLink.
<apex:commandLink rerender="detail">
<apex:outputPanel id="detail">
        <apex:detail subject="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.cid}"/>
    </apex:outputPanel>

It is not a matter of permission set or sharing rules. my app is very basic and there is really nothing more in it than just a couple of custom objects, so what am I missing here? IMO it has to be something related to Ajax behaviour.
any thoughts?

I have searched for similar threads and someone suggested to make sure the controller's version and page version match. How can I do that?

thanks

Ajit Kumar 19Ajit Kumar 19
GO to the object and select the field and click on field level security some time it also creates an error insufficient privelages.
David DobreenDavid Dobreen
Thanks, indeed something was wrong in the field level security.

Ajit Kumar 19Ajit Kumar 19
select it as best if it helped you.....