function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt Blatnik 8Matt Blatnik 8 

Populating Unrelated Records

Hi,

I am a Salesforce Adminstrator with no coding skills and am kindly asking you to help me out with my project.

I have created two custom objects. 

1. Employee (holds records of all employees regardless if they are Salesforce users or not; each employee has its own record)
2. Knowledge Base (an object holding records with release articles, update articles etc.)

For each Knowledge Base record created I would like to select employees it is concerning from the multiselect picklist. Then I would like a trigger populating 2 fileds in each employee record (depending on which ones I selected in multi select picklist) to be populated.

The field names in the employees records are:
Knowledge_Base__c (Lookup(Knowledge Base)) [to be populate with value of Name standard field in Knowledge Base)
Knowledge_Base_Link__c (URL(255)) [to be populated with the URL of the Knowledge Base record]

I am happy for the fields on the Employee record to be overriden whenever a knew Knowledge Base record is submitted and same employees are selected.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Regards,

Matt
pconpcon
It sounds like you're looking for someone to write the code for this project. These forums are not meant for that; you'll want to post over on the AppExchange [1] site where you can match up with a developer looking to work on your project. If you have any specific issues you are facing, we will be gladly help you with those.

[1] https://appexchange.salesforce.com/developers