function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Luison Lassala 13Luison Lassala 13 

Set Event.EndDateTime by default to 60min after Event.StartDateTime

Is it possible to set the EndDateTime to be always 1 hour after the StartDateTime when creating an Event?
My users do not want to have to set the EndDateTime every time they create a new Event. I tried to remove the "Required" setting on the standard field EndDateTime to allow for blank values, but it is not possible because another field "DurationInMinutes" is dependent on the value of EndDateTime.
Any help very appreciated.
Luison
Best Answer chosen by Luison Lassala 13
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Luison,

Since you can't establish a default value, I'd suggest you to update this field using Process Builder. If you create a process over Event and the update field formula I show you below, your users won't need to bother again in setting this field.
User-added image

Hope this helps you.

Regards

All Answers

Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Luison,

Since you can't establish a default value, I'd suggest you to update this field using Process Builder. If you create a process over Event and the update field formula I show you below, your users won't need to bother again in setting this field.
User-added image

Hope this helps you.

Regards
This was selected as the best answer
Luison Lassala 13Luison Lassala 13
Hi Carlos,

Many thanks for your quick reply! Yes I thought about using the Process Builder but I wanted confirmation that it was the way to do it.
I ammended slightly the process you suggested by changing the formula to refer to StartDateTime + 60.
User-added image

Otherwise, it was perfect.
Many thanks again.

By the way, by your name you must be Spanish or SouthAmerican? I am from Valencia (Spain) but based in Ireland.
Glad to hear from you!!

Luison