function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wim van BeekWim van Beek 

Need to clear external object references

I use an external object with custom connection to connect a external source to SF. Works fine and the data is being displayed correct in a table in SF.
When doing a request in Apex [SELECT id FROM etc.] my problems started.
It fails with some records only. In debug I see the starting of the query and the next line indicates an exit of the current procedure. Do not see any outgoing call etc. It justs stops.
Tried to delete the external object in SFDC as the documentation indcated that it will store id's only. Does not work either.
Again, if only fails if I do a query in APEX to certain external keys.
Like to clear the relevant records and/or table to make sure it is not a local issue. Any help is welcome

pconpcon
What type of backing system are you using for your external data?  Is it always the same records, or is it intermittent with the same record?
Wim van BeekWim van Beek
The query returns a set of records based on a single sequest. (connections of a customer in this case)
It should return 10 records (it does it in the table).
A selection to other customers returns 0 or 49 records without any problem.
The external system is a legacy system. I call this system in the custom connector using rest-calls. This custom connecter normaly lists their action in the log. In this specific case it does not reach the class in the external connector. The failure seems to be in the internal system of force.com

pconpcon
If you think it's an Internal Server Error for Salesforce, your best option is to file a support case with them to have them look into it.