function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Report folder | Enable access levels for sharing report and dashboard folders

Hello,

I came across below line in the follwing document
http://resources.docs.salesforce.com/198/14/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_analytics_folder_sharing_cheatsheet.pdf
Important: If you go back to the old folder sharing model, existing report and dashboard folders
go back to the state they were in before.
• If a folder existed before analytics folder sharing was enabled, its properties and sharing settings
are rolled back to their previous state.
• If a folder was created while enhanced analytics folder sharing was in effect, it is hidden from
the folder list and all its sharing settings are removed. Administrative user permissions are still
in effect.
I dont understand what it means

Thank you for suggestions
Best Answer chosen by Ab
Adam OlshanskyAdam Olshansky
I wasn't using Salesforce before Summer '13 but it sounds like there was a different folder sharing model in place before then.  If your org has been created after that release, you already have it enabled.  If not, you probably had the option to enable it at some point.  If you previously enabled it, and then disable it, the message you posted above is outlining what will happen to the sharing settings on folders you've created since the new sharing model was initially enabled.  The folders that were around while the old sharing model was in place, will revert to the settings when the enhanced sharing was enabled.  Folders that were created after will have all sharing settings removed and be visible only to administrators.