function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alberto García-DonasAlberto García-Donas 

This Unique Name already exists... in Automating Time-based Actions with Workflow

Hi,
I was making the Challenge for "Automating Time-based Actions with Workflow" and then create a workflow action for "Set Case to Escalated", I deleted it by mistake (system didn't even ask) and then create again but it doesn't allow me and gives me this error:
Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name.
I emptied recyble bin as read in the forum but the system still doesn't allow me to create the new task.
I have the Workflow Rule create and valid but Trailhead verificator doesn't find the task name and Challenge is not approved:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Set Case to Escalated' Workflow field update action was not found.
Best Answer chosen by Alberto García-Donas
pconpcon
If you navigate to setup -> create -> workflow & approvals -> field updates do you see any field updates there?

All Answers

pconpcon
If you navigate to setup -> create -> workflow & approvals -> field updates do you see any field updates there?
This was selected as the best answer
Amanda BottiggiAmanda Bottiggi
HI Alberto,

I'm also working through this module and had the exact same issue but on the "Follow Up on Escalated Case" task...I thought I had deleted the old task when I removed it from the Workflow Rule so didn't understand why it said the name was in use. However, it turns out it hadn't been completely deleted as a task so that was holding me up. 

Try Setup>Workflow & Approvals>Tasks and it should list All Tasks. I was able to find the old one, delete it permanently, and then create and save the new task seeing as the name no longer offically existed. Problem solved and Challenge passed!

Hope this was helpful, good luck!
Alberto García-DonasAlberto García-Donas
Hi,
Thank you both.
Amanda answer is great but it didn't work, as the task action was not the one I had problem with (opposite to her), as I had problems with the "field update" one, I deleted it from "setup -> create -> workflow & approvals -> field updates" where I found the stuck one
In any case, I deleted both as they were easy to create actions and I was able to pass the challenge.
For next people with the same issues, if you are stuck with the "Follow Up on Escalated Case" task follow Amanda recommendation and if you have the same "Set Case to Escalated" task issue follow pcon advise.
sandhya choudhary 1sandhya choudhary 1
Deleting All tasks under Setup>Workflow & Approvals>Tasks helped me. 
Deepish AdwaniDeepish Adwani
Just deleting the complete workflow and redoing it helped in this case. Cheers !!
Maarten MeijerMaarten Meijer
Same: Deleting All tasks under Setup>Workflow & Approvals>Tasks helped me.
lakshman kumar 15lakshman kumar 15
Hi I had same issue, no luck after I delete and re create the Workflow & Approvals