function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Russell Miller 12Russell Miller 12 

Service Cloud in Trailhead?

Hello, I'm doing the Trailhead "Learn CRM Essentials" trail and I've gotten to the Service Cloud section (Part 4). The screenshots on Trailhead look NOTHING like what is showing up on my Developer Sandbox Salesforce instance. The UI here: https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/service_basics/service_basics_intro

doesn't look like the standard UI and it also doesn't look like the Lightning UI. I went to "Call Center" as instructed in the module. Thanks!
Cristina LikinsCristina Likins
I'm having the same issues!  HELP!

DavidGantDavidGant
The screen shots are from the Service Cloud Console, which isn't enabled by default. https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/getting_started_crm_basics/service_basics/service_basics_configure_console covers configuring the Console. Looks like the units are out of order in that Module.
David, thank you very much!
Well that was EXACTLY the setup page I needed, but it doesn't seem to be quite working. I edited my username and found that Service Cloud is enabled for my user. My identity is a System Administrator in the Dev sandbox environment. Then I go to "Create -> Apps" and click Edit next to "Sample Console". When I scroll to the bottom, and go to "Assign to Profiles", I see that "Visible" is checked for "System Administrator". After clicking save, when I go to the dropdown next to my name at the top of the screen, the only "Console" available is the "Developer Console", not the Call Center or Service Cloud. Any ideas? Cristina, did that work for you?
Cristina LikinsCristina Likins
Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I will soon.  It also looks like I need Analytics cloud, but I don't want to set up another login for it.  I'll let you know what I come up with.