function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bob WhittenBob Whitten 

Where is LastName and MailingPostalCode documented in Contact?

I'm working on the Challenge for Writing SOQL Queries.
I'm working on I'm very confused about field names in objects such Contact.  I typed the LastName and MailingPostalCode field names in like a monkey, then thought... wait...

When I look at Contacts, I don't see those field names.  When I opened up Customize/Contacts/Fields, I don't see them.  I did a google search for "salesforce MailingPostalCode" and found a document that mentions "Last Name" and "Mailing Zip/Postal Code", but nothing like MailingPostalCode.

Where did I miss this?

Thanks,  Bob
Best Answer chosen by Bob Whitten
@Karanraj@Karanraj
Bob - Those are the compound field in salesforce. If you can't find under the Customize/contacts/Fields, The mailing address field contains  MailingStreet, MailingCity, MailingState, MailingPostalCode and MailingCountry.

To know the list of fields and its API you can find it in the following object - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_contact.htm

You can also get the field list under YourName->Developer Console and File -> Open ->Object and then select the object to get the field names

All Answers

@Karanraj@Karanraj
Bob - Those are the compound field in salesforce. If you can't find under the Customize/contacts/Fields, The mailing address field contains  MailingStreet, MailingCity, MailingState, MailingPostalCode and MailingCountry.

To know the list of fields and its API you can find it in the following object - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_contact.htm

You can also get the field list under YourName->Developer Console and File -> Open ->Object and then select the object to get the field names

This was selected as the best answer
Bob WhittenBob Whitten
OK, now I see.   Thanks!    
Pervaz AllaudinPervaz Allaudin
This helped but I would like to complain.

People learning should not be given hidden variable names.
The name is NOT in the field set of the object it self.

No beginner shouldbe exected to know the field or find the field set by having to look in the API.

I am an experienced (nearly over the hill) IT person that is retraining;
I have done many trainings this one is not fair in this case.

The field name should be given and nted ass not see-able iin the field list.

Pervaz Allaudin 
Vaishnavi TripathiVaishnavi Tripathi
Install the Salesforce Inspector extension to your browser  and start using to avoid such confusions in future its really helpfull in such cases.