function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud 

trailhead challenge understanding accounts and contact relationships

I do not understand how to fix this. This message came up while I was trying to do a challenge in Trailhead "The 'Account Manager' contact role for 'Washington Industries' could not be found or it is not set to the current user."
Best Answer chosen by Zigi Medrud
Adam OlshanskyAdam Olshansky
I think there are a few parts to completing this challenge
1. Make sure you have the Account Manager contact role created (Can confirm in Setup -> Customize -> Accounts -> Contact Roles on Accounts)
2. Make sure that you add yourself to the Account Team for the Washington Industries account
3. Make sure that you have assigned yourself the Account Manager role

Have you completed all of these steps and are still receiving the error message?

All Answers

I think there are a few parts to completing this challenge
1. Make sure you have the Account Manager contact role created (Can confirm in Setup -> Customize -> Accounts -> Contact Roles on Accounts)
2. Make sure that you add yourself to the Account Team for the Washington Industries account
3. Make sure that you have assigned yourself the Account Manager role

Have you completed all of these steps and are still receiving the error message?
This was selected as the best answer
Katie LaGrecaKatie LaGreca
Hi there, I have the same error mesage and I have completed all your steps above...
Can you post screen shots of each of the above items? And are you using an org with a namespace?
Andy LaforestAndy Laforest
Having the same issue. To make sure I am doing this correctly, to add myself as the Account Manager I have to first create a new contact with my name? If so, I'm not sure what I did wrong.
Have you also created the Account Manager contact role?
Yes
User-added image
The only thing I can think of is that maybe I didn't set the role to the 'current user' correctly. I'm assuming I have to create a contact with my info.
Ah ok reread the last requirement: Add yourself to the account team for the 'Washington Industries' account with the Team Role of 'Account Manager'.
You need to be added to the Account Team as the Account Manager, not the Contact Role
I figured it out. 
On the account page layouts add 'Account Team'. Then assign yourself to the 'Account Team'
Sorry the error message is a little misleading (and my instructions at the top are incorrect).  You need to enable Account Teams and then add your user record as the Account Manager to the Account Team.  Shouldn't need to create an additional contact
Pratyush Kumar 44Pratyush Kumar 44
Hi, Adam Olshansky​
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Washington Industries' account record could not be found
please, tell me whats the error.
Thanks 
Pratyush
@Adam Olshansky​
plz reply 
Did you create an Account called Washington Industries already?
yes, I have created but still its showing like this, The 'Washington Industries' account record could not be found
Hi, Adam Olshansky,

Install ContactsToday Component
By salesforce.com

This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
oppcondition.null()line 1, column 1: Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation: statusupdate: line 13, column 36: Invalid initial type List<Account> for Map<Id,Account> null
what's the problem here, why this component is not being  installed ?

Out of curiosity, why are you installing an app for this module? I would suggest creating a new, fresh Developer edition org and trying it again
Richard HaskellRichard Haskell
I am working on the trailhead challenge for Understanding Account and Contact Relationships. I am trying to Relate a Contact to Multiple Accounts. Then add Yourself to an Account Team.  When I go into the developer edition it doesn't seem configured in the same way the instructions are directing me.  I can create accounts and contacts but do not have any of the options to customize as directed or add myself as an account manager - should I be logged in differently?  
You may need to enable Account Teams first in Setup and add it to the Page Layout on the Account record
Dan CampbellDan Campbell
I am a total dunce.  This 15 minute lesson has taken me over 8 hours and I still have the problems above.  Please...I need step by step directions...not account/account roles/account manager... I have enabled account teams but they do not show up on any of my accounts.

Did you add Account Teams to the Account page layout?
Dan CampbellDan Campbell
I have no idea how to do that.  I am a visual learner...show me how to do it and I will learn.  Tell me how to do it, with imprecise directions, and I won't get it.
I might suggest navigating to this module (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/customizing_user_interface/ui_page_layouts) first to learn about Page Layouts. Those are some of the basic things you need to understand to be a successful admin. Under Setup -> Customize -> Accounts -> Page Layouts (left side of the screen) and then edit a layout, you should see the Related List section in the Palette (top middle). You should then be able to drag the Account Team related list to the page layout (bottom middle). After you save, you should see the Account Teams showing up on your Accounts.
 Account Teams
Santosh Kumar SantSantosh Kumar Sant
Follow this step for enable Contacts to Multiple Accounts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHR8fxzFiqg
don't forget to add account team in related list..
User-added image