function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sirisha M 5sirisha M 5 

errro at step 4: battle station trail head "The validation rule does not appear to have the correct error formula. Make sure Exhaust Port Inspectors have > 150% utilization' Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps"

Battle Station Trailhead -Step 4:Ad business logic
"Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The validation rule does not appear to have the correct error formula. Make sure Exhaust Port Inspectors have > 150% utilization' 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps"
Best Answer chosen by sirisha M 5
Jeremy Pritchard 5Jeremy Pritchard 5
Esteban, the formaula has to have exactly the correct spacing, in yours it looks like there's a space after your first bracket

All Answers

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
I hope you are using below formula as per task
AND(Name = "Exhaust Port Inspector", Utilization__c < 1.5)
User-added image
Please compare your validation rule with task screen shot
Please let us know if this will help you

Esteban RochaEsteban Rocha
User-added image

I have the same problem and I used the same formula really don't know what's the problem
Charmian McIntyreCharmian McIntyre
You may check your field name - the formula is looking for the same case, I had a lower case 'p' which caused it to fail
I checked and Still got the same error :(

Jo-Ann LeeJo-Ann Lee
I'm getting the same error message, even though my validation rule works.  Iv'e double checked the spelling and capitalizaiton as I've been caught on these obvious "gotchas" previously.
vinod G 7vinod G 7
Same issue. crossed checked the rule in all possible ways it could go wrong but i dint find any mistake

Jeremy Pritchard 5Jeremy Pritchard 5
Esteban, the formaula has to have exactly the correct spacing, in yours it looks like there's a space after your first bracket
This was selected as the best answer
@Jeremy Pritchard 5 Oh my god! can't believe a single space was the error. I finally could solve it Thank you very much!
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
All,

The check is looking for some specific strings in the formula. The best best is to copy and paste the formula exactly from the unit. It's not case sensitive.

AND(Name = "Exhaust Port Inspector", Utilization__c < 1.5)

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
sirisha M 5sirisha M 5
Thanks Esteban and Jeff
sirisha M 5sirisha M 5
This si the new error:
Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to post a Chatter message to the record. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated. 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.
Juan Camilo CaicedoJuan Camilo Caicedo
I am having this issue can someone help me?
User-added image
Norm GilbertNorm Gilbert
The check is looking for some specific strings in the formula. The best is to copy and paste the formula exactly from the unit. It's not case sensitive.

While spaces do not matter in formulas (which is why the rule works perfectly) the logic in Trailhead that checks the work is very fussy about spaces. If I want the points, I must make it match what the check is looking for.
Patricia Boyce 6Patricia Boyce 6
I had the problem a year ago and went away in sadness and frustration. So I just picked it back up and have created a new rule, deactivated the other one, copied and pasted the formula from the instructions AND I'm still getting the same error. Did someone figure out what to do about this or am I the lone remaining loser.

Heather GrayHeather Gray
Copied rule directly from the trailhead and it gets a syntax error.   It is the same formula listed above by your developers.  There is something wrong with this trailhead and it needs to be fixed.  Patricia Boyce had this error a year ago and a month ago and this has not been addressed or resolved.  Please correct this so we can refrain from waisting anymore time on this problem that is preventing us from completeing mandatory trailheads.  Thank you
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Heather,

If you want to send me (jdouglas@salesforce.com) your Trailhead Playground or Developer Org username and password, I'll log in and take a peek for you. Please include the URL of the unit you are having problems with for reference. Thanks!

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate
Heather GrayHeather Gray
I figured out what the problem was, the previous trailhead has you add utilization.  The directions on the previous trailhead do not have you save so if you follow along and do not save you will not have utilization.  I'm all set thx.  Hope this helps others resolve and I hope the directions get updated

Vladimir OpyataVladimir Opyata
Maybe I can help someone. I did what it said in thailhead but the validation rule does not work. I mean i can save record without error. But i got it. In previous unit we added "Exhaust port inspector" but when we create the validation rule we checked "Exhaust Port Inspector". It's not the same capitalization. So just copy name from the formule or vise versa and the rule will work.User-added image
Kalyani muppidiKalyani muppidi
that was so helpful...thank you
renu mehta 5renu mehta 5
I got an issue with this validation rule due to Error Location. It doesnt work if I choose "Top of page" rather than "field".