function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rodolfo CP RitoRodolfo CP Rito 

How do I customize my "new leads" page layout?

Hey everyone,

How do I customize my "new leads" page layout?

Thank you
Tenacious BenTenacious Ben
Could you be more specific?  If you are referring to the page layout when creating a new lead, it is tied to the Page Layout Detail view for the lead - so the arrangement of the fields when viewing the record matches the edit page as well.  There are exceptions to this however, as formula fields will not show up on the edit page, and campaign assignments only happen during the creation of a lead (and are not visible on the Detail page, nor subsequent edits).
naga raju 19naga raju 19
select Leadss-->shorcutkey-->EditPageLayout-->Select new Reqirement-->Save
Rodolfo CP RitoRodolfo CP Rito
Hi everyone.

I had to create a new a record type and lead processe. Afterwards I had to customize a new page layout and assign it to the profiles I wanted.

That way the page layout that I have to create a new lead is completely different from the one I have to see the leads that were imported.

Cheers
Antonio,

After creating a new record type, go to Setup > Customize > Leads > Page Layouts and click on New, if you haven't already created a new page layout.  Once you have created a new layout, navigate to the same location and click on the "Page Layout Assignment" button.  On the subsequent screen, you will be able to assign the new page layout for your new record type to the appropriate profiles (like System Administrator).

If any of these answers worked for you, please mark one as the best answer.  If not, post a followup and we'll help as best we can.