function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karim BAHAJIKarim BAHAJI 

Process Builder : how to create automated opportunities related to an account?

Hi,

I have many opportunities named as "opportunity 2015" related to an account.

Example :

- Account A : has one opportunity named "opportunity 2015"
- Account B : has one opportunity named "opportunity 2015"

I want to create a process builder to create an automated opprtunity for those accounts for 2016 :
- Account A : process builder will create an opportunity named "opportunity 2016"
- Account B : process builder will create an opportunity named "opportunity 2016"

Do you know want kind of criteria i can enter to create automated oppotunities for 2016 related to the same account?

Thanks.

Phillip SouthernPhillip Southern
Hi Karim,

Process builder won't help you mass enter data at any point in time.  It's a transactional monitor so if a certain record is insert/updated then Process Builder will run.  If you want to create those opportunities once something specifically happens on an Account, then you can monitor that scenario as rule on Process Builder and do a record insert for Opportunity....but if you want to mass insert Opportunities for all Accounts, your best bet is to do that through an tool like Data Loader.  Run a report for all your Accounts (including an Id), export to excel and then fill out (copy down) your Opportunity data.....you can then do an Opportunity Insert through Data Loader.