function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 26Glenn Nyhan 26 

Trying to Create a Button to Bypass Flow script Button in Contacts to Create a New Case

Just created a Flow script and button to launch it from the Contact object using a Visualforce page to create new cases for our volunteer hotline case management system. All of it works great, but last night some of the volunteers said they would rather not use the script and just create cases by bypassing the Flow script, which is fine with their manager. So today I tried to create an additional button that would bypass the script. I tried several solutions but each failed to bypass the Flow script, tried a Visualforce approach and URL link based button. Each time they launched the Flow. Anyone have any ideas how I can create an additional button on the Contact page to bypass the Flow script and go directly to creating a new Case? 
Phillip SouthernPhillip Southern
Hi Glenn,

That's odd, referencing a Flow to a button is a pretty explicit action.  When you create a new button that doesn't have anything to do with Flow unless you put in the URL or reference a VF page that is wrapped around the Flow.  

When you say flow script, are you saying an Autolaunched flow (no input screen) is running and doing something?  If so I bet there is a Flow being referenced by Process Builder or Flow Trigger on a Workflow rule (if enabled in your org).  If that's the case, it wouldnt matter from a UI perspective what button or page they execute from.  Process Builder to flow will always occur.