function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Marta GonzalezMarta Gonzalez 

Build a Battle Station - Lightning Process Builder

I have completed the Lightning Process builder step and i have verified that it is working correctly ( the battle Station record has been changed to complete and it has post a message to chatter, but when I click the Verify Step button I get this error message:

"Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to post a Chatter message to the record. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated.
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps."
Best Answer chosen by Marta Gonzalez
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Marta,

Check the text of your Chatter Post. You missed an "s" in witness.

Thanks
Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate

All Answers

NiketNiket
Can you  confirm that you have atleast one record where you only set "Weapons Status" and not set any value for "Project Status" ?

"Project Status" field value is supposed to set automatically.
Hi Niket,
Thanks for your answer. Yes I confirm you the rule is working fine if I set the project status to null and if it is populated with any value (in bothe cases) Here you have an example on how the battle station record looks like after runing the process.Battle Station record
But I'm still getting this error message when I verify the step in trailhead:
Trailhead Error message

Regards,
Marta
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Marta,

Check the text of your Chatter Post. You missed an "s" in witness.

Thanks
Jeff Douglas
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks a lot Jeff!! Now it works!! This badge is my Christmas present  :)

Merry Christmas
Marta

Bill Hare 29Bill Hare 29
Im having the same issue but witness does have two s's in my chatter message - any thoughts? Thanks!!
Andy Sorrells 4Andy Sorrells 4
Bill, I've got the same issue.  I went through each step, have posted the chatter message 3 times, no misspellings, and still get this message?

Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to post a Chatter message to the record. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated. 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.
Jens Vanden MeersschautJens Vanden Meersschaut
For future reference: I configured a custom Chatter message (other than the one provided in the trail). Reconfigured the Chatter message to the one provided and still failed the check. 

What ultimately fixed it was removing the test stations trailhead had created on the Battle Stations object.
Laurent VLaurent V
yes by removing the other test version the test stations trailhead had created on the Battle Stations object, it is indeed working well (confusion)
Bill Hare 29Bill Hare 29
Hi again - in the process of trying to work this out - I have created a number of test records - does anyone know what test version there are that get created by Salesforce?
Bill Hare 29Bill Hare 29
question for thought? - is it worth deleting everything and starting over?
John TraceyJohn Tracey
I fixed it simply by adding a "!" at the end of the Chatter message that I left out. Lesson learned. I guess if I got this on a work order from a boss that explanation point had better be there.
Stephen McClureStephen McClure
"An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to post a Chatter message to the record. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated."

I did  not have an option to post to a record for the Process Builder action.  I used the User option instead.  It works, but raises this error message.  Any idea why I don't have the option to post a Chatter to a record?
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
I've noticed that some people are having issues with records left behind after cleanup. For the chatter post section, make sure your org doesn't have any Battle Station records with 'TH Test Station XYZ123' as the name. We are trying to get this fixed in our next release. Sorry for the inconvience.

Jeff Douglas
Hey Jeff,
I'm still having problems.  I don't have an option to post a Chatter to a Record.  I only have User, and Group.  I tried a work around posting to a User but that didn't do it.  I'm still getting "An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to post a Chatter message to the record. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated."

Is this still related to the extra stations?  I tried deleting them but still get the error.  I'm dead in the water and can't continue.  
Kathryn BurnsKathryn Burns
How do I delete all the 'TH Test Station XYZ123' 
Go to the list of battle stations, click on the name and delete.  Are you getting the same error?  Were you able to post the Chatter feed to a Record?
Pablo RequenaPablo Requena
To post Chatter to This Record: go to Feed Tracking and enable feed tracking to Battle Station.

I have the following problem at verify step:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: PXPGHTBS
Scott Ellis 9Scott Ellis 9
@Stephen McClure - I was having the exact same problem. You need to go to Setup>Feed Tracking and enable Feed Tracking for the Battle Station object. Then you will have the 'To This Record' option for Chatter posting.
Dan IorgDan Iorg
I was having the exact same problem, turned out that I had to copy/paste the message from the website instead of retyping it.  There must have been an extra space or something in mine.
asha thimmaraju 1asha thimmaraju 1
Hi Everyone, 
I have enabled Feed Tracking for the Battle Station object,edited 'TH Test Station XYZ123, but i still dont see 'This record' option to post to chatter. any help?
thanks!
John TraceyJohn Tracey
Try logging out of both trailhead and your org. Then log back in and check it again. That worked for me a few times. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Justin Laing 19Justin Laing 19
I'm getting this error even after I delete the test station.  I've tried logging out and back in trailhead and DE.  
Etienne DKEtienne DK
There is a problem with this Trailhead, I have stepped through a few times now and followed the steps exactly + implemeted the suggestions, eg delete TH* records.  It works when I test manually but TH fails when testing.
I still get the "here's what's wrong: An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to update the Project Status field with the value of 'Complete'. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Etienne, if you want to send me (jdougals@salesforce.com) the credentials to your org, I'll log in and take a look at it for you. In your email, please remind me what of the issue you are having and a link to the step in the project. Thanks!
Erin McLaughlin 9Erin McLaughlin 9
I am having a problem with the Battle Station Trail Head. Everything seems to work but when I click Verify Step, I get this message. I have started from scratch in new environments 2 times. Error Message: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An insert of a Battle Station record failed. Make sure all of the fields are configured correctly."
Hetile Mabunda 8Hetile Mabunda 8
I also have the same problem:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to update the Project Status field with the value of 'Complete'. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated."

The TH test station doesn't seem to get updated by the process builder.
Manan Gupta 12Manan Gupta 12
I also have the same problem:
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to update the Project Status field with the value of 'Complete'. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated."

The TH test station doesn't seem to get updated by the process builder.
Manan Gupta 12Manan Gupta 12
jeff Douglas. can you check my problem alos reated to the same issue

Alan RuanAlan Ruan
Dear All. I'm 100% sure this is a trailhead bug. I believe the trailhead attempts to create a test record called 'TH test station', verify the if Project Status got updated when Weapon Status is changed, however Trailhead didn't actually update the 'Weapon Status' before verifying the Project Status. 

So, please trust your process builder setup, and do below step to pass this section:

Setup your process builder to update Project Status to 'Fully Operational' without any condition. Have fun!
Benoit VAQUEZBenoit VAQUEZ
@Alan, so what can we do? If i don't have this section, i will not have my intermediate admin badge! haha.. So, it's a bit disapointing!
Jeff Douglas (Personal)Jeff Douglas (Personal)
Benoit VAQUEZ,

if you want to send me (jdougals@salesforce.com) the credentials to your org, I'll log in and take a look at it for you. In your email, please remind me what of the issue you are having and a link to the step in the project. Thanks!

Jeff Douglas
Director, Trailhead Developer Advocacy
Jeff Douglas (Personal)Jeff Douglas (Personal)
Benoit, It looks like your picklist values are setup incorrectly for Project_Status__c. You have Complete (Complet) when it should be Complete.

Jeff Douglas
Director, Trailhead Developer Advocacy
Benoit VAQUEZBenoit VAQUEZ
OMG thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nathan Schneider 9Nathan Schneider 9
I followed @Alan's instructions and I was able to pass the module. This is a very glitchy mod.... :( 
Duggi Meghana 2Duggi Meghana 2
I have completed the Lightning Process builder step and i have verified that it is working correctly.but when I am verifying it is showing me error
Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to update the Project Status field with the value of 'Complete'. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated.
i followed all the instructions mentioned above but not able to complete the task
Luka PolacikLuka Polacik
Hi all!
Got the same problem, though I tried above mentioned method with turning orr the conditions, checked spelling few times.
I also tried to change "Weapons Status" (as in the instructions) to "Weapon Status" (as in error message). I am still missing something.
Any ideas?
Btw., manual change calls up the procedure correctly.

Thanks in advance
Juan Jose Dominguez 1Juan Jose Dominguez 1
@Alan Ruan! Thanks so much. Your suggestion made it!
Elena VegaElena Vega
Thank you @Alan Ruan! It worked for me!!!
Nagasekhar kanala 1Nagasekhar kanala 1
Hi,

I am having some issue, I am trying to add a display(Vertical Chart) for the supplies in dashboard. but It won't let me to add the vertical bar chart. Please help me out,

If you see the image left side and the option is not available 

Thanks
Tyler BiedebachTyler Biedebach
Alan,

After hours of messing around with this module, your solution finally worked!

I did it step by step, as the TH instructions said, and continued to get the error,
"An update to a Battle Station record with Weapon Status of 'Fully Operational' failed to update the Project Status field with the value of 'Complete'. Make sure that the process is configured correctly and that it is activated."

Just to reiterate Alan, the solution that worked for me is as follows,
In process builder, specify the Battle Station object, start the process when record created or edited. Save.

In critera, critera name- "Fully Operational", select radio button "No critera- just execute the actions!" Save.

For immediate actions, + action, "Update Records" action named "Update Records", Record "[Battle_Station__c]", select radio button "No critera - just execute the actions!", field set to "Project Status", Type = "Picklist", Value = "Complete" Save.

Back to immediate actions, + action, "Post to Chatter", action named "Post to Chatter", post to "This Record", Message = "{![Battle_Station__c].Name} is complete! Now witness the power of a fully armed and operational battle station!" Save your work!

Activate! Go to module and test! 

Hope this helps!

k bhavyak bhavya
Hi @Tyler Biedebach ,

I have followed your steps which you've mentioned, but still am getting the same error.

We found a problem with the 'Fully Operational Battle Station' process. Make sure that you've activated your process, and that when the Weapons Status field is updated to 'Fully Operational', the 'Project Status' field is updated to 'Complete'.
k bhavyak bhavya
Hi Jeff could you please help me withat scenario .
Jeff Douglas 

Thanks!
sathya sa 3sathya sa 3
I am trying everything i can to update the status to complete.I followed all of the instructions above but nothing worked. Can somebody help ?

Christopher Henderson-McDadeChristopher Henderson-McDade
I too am having problems getting this exercise checked. I have double checked spellings, cloned the process, looked for missing/extra spaces, deleted the trailhead created tests - I cannot see why this fails as it works when I follow the "Test Your Process" steps prior to the challenge.
Bern ConnaghanBern Connaghan
If anyone is still having problems I had to switch to classic to complete this Build a Battle Station module: I didn't have the correct drop down choice while in Lightning compared to Classic. I went into classic after deactivating the process in process builder. Switched to classic and was able to re add the Click the Field lookup, select Weapons Status (again) from the picklist, and click Choose. Change Operator to Equals and Value to Fully Operation. Hope this helps someone
karthik an 4karthik an 4
We found a problem with the 'Fully Operational Battle Station' process. Make sure that you've activated your process, and that when the Weapons Status field is updated to 'Fully Operational', the 'Project Status' field is updated to 'Complete'.

Need help with this error 
Piotr RodakPiotr Rodak
I found the resoution of problem "In the ‘Fully Operational Battle Station’ flow, in the Start element, we can’t find a condition that checks for Weapon Status__c equal to ‘Fully Operational". There is a typo in previous unit... I mean about "s" letter - API name should be 'Weapon_Status__c'User-added image
Thapelo KhantsiThapelo Khantsi
Thanks a lot  @Piotr Rodak

This helped.