function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DishaDisha 

Showing HTML Message on standard page layout on EDITpage

Hi,

I want to show a red colored message on the opportunity on both detal and edit page. I have the standard page layout.
can anyone help me in this

Thanks,
Disha
Best Answer chosen by Disha
pconpcon
You can't do this with the standard layouts.  You'll have to do it with a custom Visualforce page.  Also unfortunately there's no way to include the page layout in an edit page (you can use apex:detail with the inlineEdit flag).  So you will have to generate the entire edit page and all of it's fields by hand.  Fortunately you do not need a custom controller for this and should be able to do it soley with the standard controller.

All Answers

pconpcon
Are you trying to show an error added via a trigger?  Or something more like a "banner?"
DishaDisha
I want show a banner or a image on the edit page
pconpcon
You can't do this with the standard layouts.  You'll have to do it with a custom Visualforce page.  Also unfortunately there's no way to include the page layout in an edit page (you can use apex:detail with the inlineEdit flag).  So you will have to generate the entire edit page and all of it's fields by hand.  Fortunately you do not need a custom controller for this and should be able to do it soley with the standard controller.
This was selected as the best answer