function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
uHaveOptionsuHaveOptions 

Getting this error. Error: Unsupported attribute relatedlist in <apex:inputField>

My goal is to separate the section of the record and separate them by tabs.  I understand that you have to use <apex:inputfield> for each field if you want them to show in your tab and also I need them to be editable using inlineEdit="true" I dont understand why I'm getting unsupported attribute relatedlist.  I have to remove Relatedlist & InlineEdit for it to function but when I look at the preview its just a box...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays

<apex:page standardController="Property__c" showHeader="true" sidebar="false">
    <!-- Define Tab panel .css styles -->
    <style>
    .activeTab {background-color: #081f3f; color:white; background-image:none}
    .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none}
    </style>

<!-- Create Tab panel -->
    <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="Property__c" id="AccountTabPanel"
        tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">
        <apex:tab label="Property Information" name="name1" id="tabOne">content for tab one</apex:tab>
        <apex:form>
        <apex:pageBlock title="My Content" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons>
                <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:pageBlockSection title="My Content Section" columns="2">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Property__c.Name}" relatedList="false" inlineEdit="true"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Property__c.Address}" relatedList="false" inlineEdit="true"/>
            <apex:inputField value="{!Property__c.City}" relatedList="false" inlineEdit="true"/> 
       </apex:pageBlockSection>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>

<apex:tab label="Building Information" name="name2" id="tabTwo">content for tab two</apex:tab>
        <apex:tab label="Financial Information" name="name3" id="tabThree">content for tab two</apex:tab>
        <apex:tab label="Loan Information" name="name4" id="tabFour">content for tab two</apex:tab>
    </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

So again, the goal is to have fields in each tabs and have the capability to edit.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by uHaveOptions
uHaveOptionsuHaveOptions
Was able to resolve this issue by removing MODE:EDIT and using an outputfield

All Answers

uHaveOptionsuHaveOptions
Was able to resolve this issue by removing MODE:EDIT and using an outputfield
This was selected as the best answer
srlawr uksrlawr uk
I'm not sure what the "relatedList" attribute does on an apex:inputfield element, either it's newer than my knowledge (and not in the docs) .. or I think that's a miskeying?

(inputfield: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_inputField.htm)

I think to achieve what you are after, could you perhaps have used mode="inlineEdit" on the pageblock (where you have mode="edit" ) and then the inputfields should use the inline edit widget where available (as described in the mode bit of the docs here..)

(pageblock mode docs: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_pageBlock.htm)

No need for the inline attribute on the element then either.