function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Liz Gibbons 16Liz Gibbons 16 

UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) entity type cannot be updated: Contact,

Hello,

I have created a flow whereby visitors to our community center can sign in and register for the programs they are attending. We are going to start collecting demographics data soon, and as a result, I am encountering the error in the heading: UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY) entity type cannot be updated: Contact, 

The flow is displayed through a site and the visitor views the site as a guest user. Checking the guest user profile, I found that I cannot allow the guest user to edit standard sObject records and I believe this is what is causing the issue. Any thoughts on a work around?
sharathchandra thukkanisharathchandra thukkani
Check Public access settings of the site. Chekc wether the CURD and FLS which are used in flow has been given access to through Public Access settings.
Liz Gibbons 16Liz Gibbons 16
Site guest users can only be given Read and Create access to Standard Objects, and the profile has that. Field level security is all correct as well.