function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Penny HammondPenny Hammond 

Downloading the current version of the jQuery JavaScript library

I'm on Trailhead, Visualforce Basics, unit 8 "Create and Upload a Simple Static Resource"
First instruction is to download the current version of the jQuery JavaScript library - I'd like some help to achieve that.

When I click on the link to jquery2.1.1, http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.1.js, it takes me to a long webpage of code.
When I click http://jquery.com/download/ it gives me a few options:
  • Download the compressed, production jQuery 2.1.4 - clicking on this opens a file, and when I open it I get an error message - script: C:\Users\Penny\Downloads\jquery-s.1.4.min.js, line: 2, char: 7303, error: 'n' is null or not an object, code: 800A138F, source: Microsoft JScript runtime error
  • Download the uncompressed, development jQuery 2.1.4 - clicking on this opens a file, and when I open it I get an error message - script: C:\Users\Penny\Downloads\jquery-2.1.4.min.js, line: 892, char: 2, error: 'document' is null or not an object, code: 800A138F, source: Microsoft JScript runtime error
  • Right-clicking either of these links in Chrome only allows me to open or save the link
Any clues on how to download the resource so I can continue the trail? Simple basic steps for a beginner, please!
Best Answer chosen by Penny Hammond
pconpcon
If you goto the first url that has the long web page of code.  Then right click on the page and say "save as."  This will let you download the jquery library to your disk.  Then you can create your static resource.

All Answers

pconpcon
If you goto the first url that has the long web page of code.  Then right click on the page and say "save as."  This will let you download the jquery library to your disk.  Then you can create your static resource.
This was selected as the best answer
Penny HammondPenny Hammond
Thanks pcon, that worked and I finished the unit!

And it turns out that if I'd followed the Trailhead instruction to "Right-click on the direct link to download the file, rather than opening it in a browser window.", that would have worked - right click and select "Save" to save the webpage (that's what threw me off - I thought it would be a file rather than a webpage)
Veena GopalVeena Gopal
Thanks pcon. It is the best answer