function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
uHaveOptionsuHaveOptions 

Apex Trigger on Activity Subject help

Hello Team,

I have 2 sample subject when an activity is being created. 
Sample 1: Manually create a call log and the word "Call" will automatically be in the subject.
Sample 2: When we do a "click to call" and it will automatically create a call log with "Call 12/29/2015 14:18:23 - Outbound" in the subject.  where date and time of course is based on the time called.

I have an Apex trigger but unfortunately it only work when a call log is manually entered. What code should I insert for the second sample to work?  

Thanks in advance

trigger CallDate on Task (after insert, after update, after delete) 
{
    Set<Id> con_set = new Set<Id>();
    List<Contact> con_list = new List<Contact>();
    for( Task T: Trigger.new )
    {
        if(String.valueof(T.whoid).startsWith('003') && T.Status=='Completed' && T.Subject=='Call' )
        {
            con_set.add(T.whoid);
        }
    }

for(AggregateResult aggregateResult:[SELECT max(createdDate)MaxCDate,whoid FROM Task WHERE whoid IN: con_set AND Status ='Completed' AND (subject LIKE 'call%' OR subject LIKE 'outbound%') group By whoid])
     {
        con_list.add(new Contact(Id=(id)aggregateResult.get('whoid'),Last_Call__c=date.valueof(aggregateResult.get('MaxCDate'))));
     }

try
    {

if(con_list !=null && con_list.size()>0)
         {
             update con_list;
         }

}Catch(Exception e){
         system.debug('Exception ***'+e.getMessage());

}

}

Donald BlayDonald Blay
Is this the correct code for the trigger in question? It looks like the same code you have for one of your other questions (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MJYKIA4" target="_blank).   
It sounds like you would need to do a before trigger that would check to see if the task is the right type, and if so create a list of related contacts to get the My_Last_Call_Date__c from.  Then loop again and and if the Task has a related contact, set the Task's subject to append the My_Last_Call_Date__c to the end.  Since it is a before trigger, you won't need to do an explicate update call to set the new subject text