function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ravi Narayanan 2Ravi Narayanan 2 

Telerick NativeScript/Fuse tools with Salesforce

Hi Guys,

Recently i gone thru various blogs about Telerick's new platform NativeScript for building Native Mobile applications using Pure JS. There is also a new tool named FUSETOOLS which is also aimed at creating native mobile application using JS.

I personally feel the above mentioned tools will definitely improve perfomance of mob applications when compared with phonegap as there are no DOM involved in nativescript/fuse tools.

Does anyone know how to conenct to Salesforce with these tools?  Are there any working examples? Please help ! ! 

Thanks,

Ravi Narayanan

James LoghryJames Loghry
There's probably nothing out there (yet) in regards to these specific tools.  However, you can utilize the connected apps within Salesforce, along with oauth authentication and any number of the built in REST APIs to interact with salesforce.  I'd suggest you take a look at the Mobile SDK blog and trails to see how the Mobile SDK connects with Salesforce.  NativeScript and FuseTools should be similar in nature.  https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Mobile_SDK
Ravi Narayanan 2Ravi Narayanan 2
Hi James,

I have used Mobile SDK along with phonegap for hybrid mob applications.
I will try to use the same for fusetools/nativescript and let you know.
Thanks a lot for your answer and your time.

Thanks,
Ravi Narayanan