function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mohammad AzamMohammad Azam 

Lead Conversion by picklist with 2 record types in opportunitty

I have a Picklist in my Lead ( Resource  = Cash & Insurance), I have 2 record types and page Layouts in Opportunity called Cash & Insurance.
If i select Cash in Lead picklist and convert the Lead, the Opportunity created should be with Cash Record type & If i select Insurance in Lead picklist and convert the Lead, the Opportunity created should be with Insurance Record type. 
Can someone write a trigger ?

Please Help
Best Answer chosen by Mohammad Azam
Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Mohammad,

You can do this without writing a trigger. Create another field in Opportunity object with the same picklist values of the Lead and then go to Lead custom field mapping and map both picklists. After that create two workflows (or just one process with process builder) to update the record type of the opportunity depending on the value of this picklist.
If you still want to write a trigger, you're looking for someone to write the code for this project. These forums are not meant for that; you'll want to post over on the AppExchange site where you can match up with a developer looking to work on your project. 

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/developers

Regards

All Answers

Carlos Campillo GallegoCarlos Campillo Gallego
Hi Mohammad,

You can do this without writing a trigger. Create another field in Opportunity object with the same picklist values of the Lead and then go to Lead custom field mapping and map both picklists. After that create two workflows (or just one process with process builder) to update the record type of the opportunity depending on the value of this picklist.
If you still want to write a trigger, you're looking for someone to write the code for this project. These forums are not meant for that; you'll want to post over on the AppExchange site where you can match up with a developer looking to work on your project. 

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/developers

Regards
This was selected as the best answer
Mohammad AzamMohammad Azam
Thanks Carlos. 
Ur idea worked.