function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ben Merton 15Ben Merton 15 

How to delete custom fields and objects in a managed package??

I have spent a long time looking around for this.  Some answers seem to say you have to log a case with the Success Community, but when you try to do this it gives an error for the "I need assistance with Development".

Some people say that you can deprecate a penultimate package and then delete components.

However, I can find a single consisten approach to completing this.  Has anyone got a clear idea??
This says the same thing!!  

"This feature is available to eligible salesforce.com partners. For more information on the Partner Program, including eligibility requirements, please visit www.salesforce.com/partners."  How do I become an 'eligible partner'?!?!?!?!

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
If you downloaded any managed package then your cant delete Manage package custom field and Object. If that package is created by you only then please check below post. I hope that will help you
Deleting Components in Managed Packages
http://docs.releasenotes.salesforce.com/en-us/spring14/release-notes/rn_forcecom_isvforce_managed_component_deletion.htm

Deprecated Annotation
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_classes_annotation_deprecated.htm

Use the deprecated annotation to identify methods, classes, exceptions, enums, interfaces, or variables that can no longer be referenced in subsequent releases of the managed package in which they reside. This is useful when you are refactoring code in managed packages as the requirements evolve. New subscribers cannot see the deprecated elements, while the elements continue to function for existing subscribers and API integrations
@deprecated
  // This method is deprecated. Use myOptimizedMethod(String a, String b) instead.
  global void myMethod(String a) {

}

Please let us know if this will help you

None of this helps.  Sorry.  It all says the same thing.  How do I become eligible to delete components from my own managed package????
Amit you have just posted a link which explicitly says:

"This feature is available to eligible salesforce.com partners. For more information on the Partner Program, including eligibility requirements, please visit www.salesforce.com/partners."

Now you are saying you can only do this with the help of the @deprecated annotation, which applies to Apex and Visualforce.

As I have explicitly said, I am only looking to delete custom fields and objects.
For this question, ONLY people who have actually succeeded in deleting custom fields and objects from a managed package please respond.
JorritDroogsmaJorritDroogsma
We are able to delete (certain) components from our managed package.

To clarify, you have created a managed package and went through the security review? 
If yes, you should raise a case to salesforce to enable this feature. It's still a pilot/beta program if i'm not mistaken. Once you're accepted for the pilot/beta you're able to delete some types of components ( for example, you can delete custom fields but not VisualForce Pages ) 
JorritDroogsmaJorritDroogsma
In addition to the links Dutta and Amit gave also check this section in Winter 14 release notes: http://docs.releasenotes.salesforce.com/en-us/winter14/release-notes/rn_186_isvforce_managed_component_deletion.htm

It says:  This feature is currently available through a pilot program. For information on enabling it for your organization, please contact salesforce.com.