function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prabhat jhaprabhat jha 

REMOVING SHARING FOR RECORD TO CERTAIN USER

I HAVE SHARED AN ACCOUNT RECORD TO CERTAIN USER,NOW I WANT TO NREMOVE THIS SHARING,BUT I AM NOT GETTING ANY EDIT BUTTON TO REMOVE THIS SHARING
Best Answer chosen by prabhat jha
prabhat jhaprabhat jha
i got the answer,when i clicked the expandlist ,it shows me why the user has access to that record ,it is because eitherit has view all data or modify all data permissions in profile,when i removed that permisssions ,now that user dont have access to that record,again i have shared that record to that user,now i am getting del option
Thanks for your interest.....

All Answers

Tarun J.Tarun J.
Hello Prabhat,

You need to add 'Share' button on page layout. With that button you can update the sharing.

-Thanks,
TK
prabhat jhaprabhat jha
HI TARUN 
i have that sharing button ,but when i click on the sharing button of any account record ,it shows two buttons add,expandlist (now clicking on expandlist) i should get edit/delete for each user,(this is the actual problem)

Tarun J.Tarun J.
Once you click on share button, it will show list of users/group/role to which that record is being shared. With each entry in that list, there is a 'Del' link. You can click on it and remove the user.
If you are not able to see the 'Del' link, kindly check the settings of your profile. System Admin have all permission to perform the activities.

-Thanks,
TK
prabhat jhaprabhat jha
i got the answer,when i clicked the expandlist ,it shows me why the user has access to that record ,it is because eitherit has view all data or modify all data permissions in profile,when i removed that permisssions ,now that user dont have access to that record,again i have shared that record to that user,now i am getting del option
Thanks for your interest.....

This was selected as the best answer