function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Elena PahlElena Pahl 

Service Cloud - Word Heat Map - Trending Topics based on Client Cases? Is this possible?

Hi I'm wondering if there is a dashboard in the works / an APP that we could use or as an add-on / or anyway to scan the databse of Service Cloud cases raised by the help desk agentsfor trending topics so that we have a real-time heat map of what our customers are talking about. This would give us a tool to link & triage issues quicker

I think in my head I had vision of a word heat map that you could click on and see a list of cases that mention those words and then decide if you need to create a HT and link them. Something that would look like this: 

User-added image

This is something that we would really benefit from if we were able to develope it. I know the technology exists, just not sure how to work it with the databas of cases that are being created. 

Currently we are really struggling having agents at desks around the world understanding when single cases are a trending / larger issue, and this would be a huge win for us to have a tool like this in place.

pconpcon
As a friend of mine always says "anywhere is within walking distance if you have the time."  I think that fits what you are asking perfectly.  This type of heatmapping is not a very simple thing to do, and the Salesforce platform isn't really the best place to do this.  You'd have to take all of the fields (after determining which fields you want to index) splitting them into words, throwing out anything that isn't a noun and then calculate it's weight.  The difficult part of this is not the calculation as I'm sure there are projects out there, but instead getting the data into a system that can do the calculation.  For example if you were to use Lucine and Solr, you'd have to export / stream all of your desired fields into your Solr system where the processing could then happen.  I don't know of any companies that are currently doing this specifically for Salesforce but if you can find one that you can just cram data into it, it wouldn't matter what the source was and you could just cram Salesforce data into it.