function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chelsea PutnamChelsea Putnam 

How to add taxes to invoice

I am trying to generate invoices directly from my opportunity account..when I generate a quote and convert it to a PDF the tax amount I inputted comes up, however when I sync this to my account and then try and generate a quote and invoice through my main opportunities page, the tax is not there only my products. 
How can I add taxes to my invoices?

Thanks
Mathew Andresen 5Mathew Andresen 5
Where are you storing the tax info to get it so show up on the opportunity?  For my users, I just created a new product called taxes, and have them enter that when they are doing a contract.  Alternativly you could probably create a field on the opportunity object that stored the total taxes due, and then pull that over into your invoice.
Chelsea PutnamChelsea Putnam
How do I created a field on the opportunity object for taxes due? I need to be able to alter the tax rate for each individual province and we don't want to have to calculate it ourselves each time.
Mathew Andresen 5Mathew Andresen 5
How is it being calculated now?  I assume some custom logic is happening to calculate it, you need to apply it in the same fashion.  I would assume some type of trigger probably.
mark henrimark henri
I think I also face this problem in my accounts so add tax in many and it will appear and it makes your work easy .thank god that I resolved my problem otherwise it bad for me. if you want to know more about taxation. visit for more: https://planetaryaccountingandmarketing.com/taxation/