function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan Meltzer 8Jonathan Meltzer 8 

Custom Log A Call button not saving to Activity History on related Case

Greetings!  I have created a customized Log a Call button (called Log an Activity).  I have tried this on both the Case level and the Task level (so it can be added to the Case Actvity History related list, where the Log a Call button currently is).  I have given the new button the following URL based on other threads I have seen here:

/00T/e?title=Case&what_id={!Case.Id}&who_id={!Contact.Id}&tsk5=Research&retURL=%2F{!Case.Id}

The idea is to do what Log A Call does, except to hide the Followup Task area and to change the default Subject to Research.  Both of these things work fine, but when I create the new activity (task), and save it, I return to the Case record and the activity has been saved SOMEwhere, but it is not showing under the Activity History where it does when the Log A Call button is used.  I know the activity is getting saved because there is a post-update trigger which is firing successfully. 

I don't know where the new activity record is showing up or how to access it.  And I do not know how to get the new activity to show in the Activity History.

Any help is appreciated.