function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amy S. OplingerAmy S. Oplinger 

Quick Start: Heroku Connect Error

Completed Step 2, Provision the Heroku Connect add-on. Filled out Phone Number changer form, and record successfully updated in my dev org. However, when I went to verify the step, got this error:
Step Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Tim Barr' contact record was not updated correctly in Salesforce. Please check your Heroku Connect setup. 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.

Please advise. Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Amy S. Oplinger
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Not a problem at all Amy!! My pleasure!

I think I see the problem now based upon your earlier post. The phone number you enter in the HTML form must be: (415) 555-1212

The challenge test is looking for the phone number in this format exactly!

Jeff Douglas
Trailhead Developer Advocate

All Answers

yuvraj arorayuvraj arora
verify the the call back url ..
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
hi yuraj...even i m facing same issue..can you pls clarify where to exactly verify this URL to get this module solved..?
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi Amy,
I tried all these 4 step again in one of my new orgs. And only thing different was that the new Org didnot have any namespaces. Also , I observed that update from Step 3 doesnt work i.e. updating SF data from local hosting of npm app..however we can mark it as Complete anyways ...and once we deploy it back to cloud in step 4....it works from there. Make sure that env variables are carefully set as below.

SET DATABASE_URL=`heroku config:get postgres://{UNIQUE URL HERE WITHOUT CURLY BRACES}`
SET PGSSLMODE=require
npm start

So that helps in completing the step and project. A new badge !!
Andrew EversleyAndrew Eversley
@Sumeet I'm having the same issue as Amy Campbell.I'm filling out Phone Number changer form, and the Contact record is successfully updating in my dev org. However, when I went to verify the step in Trailhead I receive the same error as Amy.  

I'm trying to follow the solution you provided above but have no clue as to what you are suggesting for a solution. Please clarify and advise. Thanks. 
I created a new dev org just to try to earn this badge...getting same error. (Even though record updates correctly,)
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
Hi,
Have you ensured that all steps as mentioned in my above comment are taken care of ?
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
It sounds to me like you may have missed a field when you set up with fields in the Contact object to sync. Go back and make sure that the Phone and MobilePhone fields are being synced. Then when you fill out the form for Tim Barr, you should see (415) 555-1212 in both the Phone and MobilePhone fields in Salesforce after the sync runs. Then go ahead and try the Verify step in the challenge.

Jeff Douglas
Thanks, Jeff. Both the Phone and MobilePhone fields sync to the 415-555-1212 number, yet the error persists. 
Sumeet_ForceSumeet_Force
if this helps, please create me as user in your org with my email ID as kawali@rediffmail.com and username as amyhelp@sfdc.com and create login for me ..so I can directly compare and help you as required...
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Amy,

I just went through the project mysel. I missed a step but it's working for me. Let's start with the easy stuff first and go from there. So if the sync is setup correctly, if you upen the HTML form and enter a phone number (use something like 212-000-1111) do you see that same phone number shortly in Salesforce for the Phone and MobilePhone fields?

Jeff Douglas
Thanks for taking time to walk me through this Jeff! Yes, when I open the HTML form and enter the phone number, the same phone number appears in SF for the Phone and MobilePhone fields. 
Upon trying to verify, the same error from above shows. 
Jeff DouglasJeff Douglas
Not a problem at all Amy!! My pleasure!

I think I see the problem now based upon your earlier post. The phone number you enter in the HTML form must be: (415) 555-1212

The challenge test is looking for the phone number in this format exactly!

Jeff Douglas
This was selected as the best answer
THANK YOU, Jeff!! That did it!
Jihane MessoudiJihane Messoudi
Hello, could you please tell me how can I open the HTML form. I don't know which URL I should use to open the form in Heroku.
I need to do the last step of updating phone number. Thanks for your help.

This is my error message: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'Tim Barr' contact record was not updated correctly in Salesforce. Please check your Heroku Connect setup. 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.
skhalidskhalid
I have the same issue, can someone please mention the URL of the form. 

rohit kumarrohit kumar

Well , I had the same issue . But Being a Node.Js Developer I was able to see into the code. A  The process.env.DATABASE_URL in server.js is blank which is an salesforce internal issue. So instead of manully doing DATABASE_URL=`heroku config:get DATABASE_URL`  directly declare the URI in server.js. The actuall URI for PG could be copied from Heroku>APP>Resources>heroku-postgresql>Database Credentials.
Take the uri and do something like

var pg_db_uri ="your URI from heroku hashboard";

app.post('/update', function(req, res) {
    pg.connect(pg_db_uri, function (err, conn, done) {
        // watch for any connect issues
        if (err) console.log(err);
        conn.query(
            'UPDATE salesforce.Contact SET Phone = $1, HomePhone = $1, MobilePhone = $1 WHERE LOWER(FirstName) = LOWER($2) AND LOWER(LastName) = LOWER($3) AND LOWER(Email) = LOWER($4)',

then on a CLI ->  SET PGSSLMODE=require (Enter)  npm start (enter) -> Expess server listening on port 5000.

Done :)

The contact could be verified from https://ap2.salesforce.com/home/showAllTabs.jsp > Contacts >View : My contacts > Tim 

PS: you could direclty chage the Home numbers of Tim without having to do all this :p.  

Son Nguyen 14Son Nguyen 14
I ran to the same problem, both Phone and Mobile have been updated to (415) 555-1212, but I still cannot verify the step. Please help!
Ryan ZimmerleRyan Zimmerle
I am getting the same error here, fails the check.  I have completed the hands on section 3 times across 2 differnt Developer / Trailhead Playground orgs.  The phone number updates with no problems and the sytax of the phone number in SF is correct.  There is some major bug here it seems with the check part of the project.  
Alex Cheng 6Alex Cheng 6
Even now, still failing the check... very frustrating.
thienthangthienthang
For quick, you just edit HomePhone value the same with Phone and Mobile.
For better way, learn by heart... You have to work arround to make sure HomePhone value is updated the same Mobile and Phone.
Kim Young HwanKim Young Hwan
Setting - Locale: English(United State).
Happy New Year!
João AmaralJoão Amaral

I believe both steps verifcation from Quick Start: Heroku Connect Trailhead Heroku Module might not be working correctly.
> Provision the Heroku Connect Add-On 
> Change and Redeploy the Application

Both say:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 

Instructions were followed carefully and it is updating correctly.
I checked regions as well as someone suggested.

Please help.
Thank you.

Moriyama SanyaMoriyama Sanya
I overcame this problem.
In my case,

- I faced same problem in locale setting Japanese.
- I switched locale setting to English. But still failed.
- But, something flashed into my mind and changed First name and Last name reversed and did it.
I don't check exactly what happened in this process. But believe this information is useful to get success for someone.
Aziz Ahmed Khan 7Aziz Ahmed Khan 7
@Jihane @Skhalid you need to install Phone Change app as mentioned in 

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/quickstart-heroku-connect/steps/qs-heroku-connect-1?trailmix_creator_id=00550000006yDdKAAU&trailmix_id=prepare-for-your-salesforce-platform-developer-i-credential

Navigate to https://signup.heroku.com and create a Heroku account.
Deploy the sample Phone Change App (https://dashboard.heroku.com/auth/heroku/callback?!=&code=5600a16a-0a97-45aa-92c7-fdb747662c6d
)  by following the instructions after clicking this Heroku Button: 

uchida yoichiuchida yoichi
"Setting - Locale: English(United State) "is effect on me.
Thank you!,Young Hwan Kim.
Priyanka PiswasPriyanka Piswas
Thanks Moriyama .Changing First Name and Last Name in contact record worked for me
Sachin Verma 88Sachin Verma 88
I faced the same issue i put the same phone number in all homephone, mobile , Fax, Other Phone field and it worked for me.

Thanks,