function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Angie ChuaAngie Chua 

Prepopulate Opportunity standard and custom fields on Create in Salesforce Lightning

From Account, I click on New button in the Opportunity related list to create a new Opportunity.  The Create popup is prepopulated with the Account Name, but I also need to prepopulate some fields in Opportunity (standard and custom) from some fields in the Account (which may also be standard or custom field).  

I read that the URL hack in Salesforce Classic that helps in prepopulating does not work in Lightning. How do you prefill fields in Lightning then? Has anyone accomplished this?  I'd appreciate it if you'd illustrate how.  Thanks very much.

Paul_BoikoPaul_Boiko
I think Chatter Publisher actions might help you. Here is an article about this: http://thewizardnews.com/2014/01/08/great-url-hack-meet-the-chatter-publisher-action/
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
Formula fields do work but can freak you out at times. Have you tried creating a process builder / workflow fields updates and populate your field values accordingly into fields on opportunity object?

In case you are OK with customization, a trigger would also help.