function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ForceDeveloper.orgForceDeveloper.org 

Visualforce Override in Classic and Standard Layout in Lightning Experience

• I have a Visualforce page override for viewing an Account.
  • I have the "Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages" checkbox UNCHECKED
  • In my Sandbox (Spring 2016), when viewing accounts in Lightning Experience, I get the desired behavior of being presented the Standard Lightning Experience view of the Account. This is due to the "Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages" checkbox being unchecked, as mentioned in the previous bullet.
  • In my Sandbox (once again, Spring 2016), when viewing accounts in Salesforce Classic, I get the desired behavior of being presented with the Visualforce page override, because I have the Visualforce page override set for the View of Accounts.
  • In my Production org (Winter 2016), when viewing accounts in Lightning Experience, I get an undesired behavior of the Visualforce page override being presented instead of the standard account view.
  • In my Production org (once again, Winter 2016), when viewing accounts in Salesforce Classic, I get the desired behavior of being presented with the Visualforce page override.
I am trying to figure out if there has been a change with the Spring 2016 release that respects the "Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages" designation of a Visualforce page so that when it is UNCHECKED, you get the standard page layout in Lightning Experience as opposed to the Visualforce page.

My Production instance doesn't update to Spring 2016 for a couple of weeks and I'm hoping that once that occurs, I'll get the standard Account page layout displaying in Lightning Experience. My fear is that if I assume and wait to find out, that once Production updates to Spring 2016, my problem will still persist, so I want to take these 2 weeks to try and troubleshoot other possibilities. Perhaps I have missed something?

Both VF pages are at the same api version in the Sandbox and Production (v. 35).

The only difference I can find between the two instances are the Winter 2016 in Prod vs. Spring 2016 for Sandbox.