function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew AldisAndrew Aldis 

Apex Detail

I built an object with about 8 child objects.  I would like to add a button that renders the page as a PDF, can I use APEX:Detail to render the parent object as well as child objects as PDF's on the page. 
@Karanraj@Karanraj
Yes it will display all the details along with child records(related list) in the PDF format but you might have alignment issue in the final output of the pdf file. Just use ​renderAs="pdf" in the apex page tag
Andrew AldisAndrew Aldis
I guess I was not clear.  I would like to display the parent record as a full page with apex detail then display the entire child records as entire pages not as related lists.
@Karanraj@Karanraj
Then you can't use <apex:detail> page alone in the page. You have to display the child records using the output text fields by mentioning the each and every fields of child record, for simplicity use the field sets to display the group of fields in your visualforce page, it will helps you add or remove fields in your custom page without changing the actual code. Check this link for more details about field set - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_dynamic_vf_field_sets.htm