function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lisa HooperLisa Hooper 

Problem with Hunt Your Prospect exercise

I followed each step under "Hunt Your Prospect", but when I try to complete step #6, I get this message:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Discount_Percent__c]: [Discount_Percent__c] (System Code)

How do I fix this?
Best Answer chosen by Lisa Hooper
@Karanraj@Karanraj
Just enter the value for the discount percent field or set that field as not required field if that particular field is not part of the Trailhead module 

All Answers

@Karanraj@Karanraj
Just enter the value for the discount percent field or set that field as not required field if that particular field is not part of the Trailhead module 
This was selected as the best answer
Lisa HooperLisa Hooper
Thank you so much! As you can tell, I'm still learning my way around Salesforce.
mehak batramehak batra
Hi Karan,

The same error I found.
Can you please help me in this.

The opportunity you're associating with this lead has required fields that are empty: opportunity.Discount_Percent__c. Please fill in these fields before converting this lead.

It was showing on Lead Page when I pressed the Tab "Convert".
It came up.

Even I tried to change the "Discount Field" as not Required, but I was unable to change the Field
"Discount Field".

Thanks
Mehak

Kati Koenig 7Kati Koenig 7
I'm getting this same error message w the "Discount_Percent__c." field.  It's marked as not required.  I've searched other threads on the topic but none of the solution suggestions have helped.  Anyone else still dealing with this issue?  It's only 25 pts. but I'd like to know why it's continuing to give me an error.  Thanks in advance for any insights!