function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John CollierJohn Collier 

email address that I used in other Salesforce shows "taken" or I have the wrong password

I have the same problem with webmaster@lincolncity-culturalcenter.org.  I started enrolling in all the education about SalesForce 
Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Dear John,
I think what you mean is that you are getting errors when try to create a user in order to start your training? 
Usernames are unique, it is not possible to use a username that another person has even it is in a different organization. 
You can have different users - logins for the same email address however you can not have more than one equal username. 
Maybe you are meaning another thing? 
If you could please give me a little bit more detail I'll try to help.

Cheers,
Carolina. 
John CollierJohn Collier
I have been exploring all the resources about SalesForce as we are going to migrate from Giftworks so I have been enrolling in SalesForce, Power of the Hub. I started my training which required a Developer Edition login so I used the same email address I have used for all the setups...and I thought the same password. But when trying to login in I get the error that my own email is already taken. I don't want to use another email address to get another copy as that would further confuse things. By the way, I enrolled in all this yesterday including applying to NonProfit editions and the 10 licenses. I'm trying to sort out all the material available in SalesForce's various portals to put together an internal review of its functions with my users.
John CollierJohn Collier
I also got this email when trying to log into my "developer account" while doing step 2 in training: create an account support@salesforce.com 3:04 PM (48 minutes ago) to me Sorry, we can't enroll you in a Salesforce Developer Edition account because the email address you entered is already in use. To sign up with a different email address, go to https://developer.salesforce.com/form/signup/freetrial.jsp .
Carolina Ruiz MedinaCarolina Ruiz Medina
Hi John, 
You get an email from support with that message <<There's an issue with your Salesforce Developer Edition account>> becasue you are trying to create an org with a user name that already exists.
Then, in order to use that username you need to reset the passwor (if you don't remenber it) or you need to create another Dev org with a different username. 

The username is unique, however you can have the same email associated to different usernames. 

Example:
1. User 1:  username = username1@ff.com 
                 password= xxxxx
                 email = youremail@youremail.com
1. User 2:  username = username2@ff.com 
                 password= xxxxx
1. User 3:  username = username3@ff.com 
                 password= xxxxx

As you can see the username is unique - Universally unique! If the username already exist you will need to use/create another one. If that username is yours then you will need to reset your pass ( foget your password link) or contact SF in order to reset it for you. 

Hope it helps,
Cheers,
Carolina.